20 mill saved | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 mill saved

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We are gonna have more room to work with then I thought..... The question is will we do anything constructive with it.

Uh....
eerrrr...
uummm....
Yea...

:huh: double :huh:

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
We are gonna have more room to work with then I thought..... The question is will we do anything constructive with it.

You can find anything on EBAY :D :eek:

we're what, a whopping $3mill under the cap? How much Oline will that buy?....not even one good player. Wade's asking for 5mill/year and a 10mill signing bonus. That 3 mill won't even cut it for him let alone to get Woody or Villarli or sign any draft picks etc. We're going to have to let more go in order to sign Feeley as well.

depending on what you read we were reported 10-17 over. I think I'd say around 14-15 considering the increase in the cap room which would still only put us 6-7 under. Enough for one proven veteran OG/OT and even at 10mill over, that puts us 10 under which allows us to resign Wade and get one vet OG/OT. Fiedler will have to go or take a HUGE paycut in exchange for Feeley coming here and with Madison's agent constantly saying he's not being asked for a paycut makes me wonder why there's no pressure. Obviously only having 10 mill max to spend on (including your own 5mill/year asking guy/Wade) doesn't leave you with a whole lot to upgrade with.....could Madison be traded or asked later to take a paycut (maybe with the threat of being traded)....me thinks so.

I read reports anywhere from 10 million to 17 million over. Ergo, right now, we're between 3 and 10 million under, depending on who you ask.

A restructure (or cut, and I hope that doesn't happen) of Madison would probably save a couple mil, ditto Taylor (obviously a restructure and not a cut is in order) and perhaps a Surtain extension and a Fiedler cut could get us between $10 and $20 million under, and that would be enough to do some real work.

Back
Top Bottom