2000 Champions! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2000 Champions!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
I will ask all of you what Baltimore had that year that we dont?

Exactly so like my mommy told me STOP YOUR WHINING!

Whether ours does or not we have the right players to step up and if that changes this year we could be there as well.Defense wins championships!

Didnt jamal lewis go for like 1200 yards that season?
&
You do realize that defense ranks as one of the greatest ever right?

SuperFin34 said:
&

Are you saying we don't have the players to do that?

Are you saying Minor couldn't go for 1200 yds?

SuperFin34 said:
&

Have you seen our def. play since last year, you do know we have made a few upgrades. I was just saying this exact thing on another thread.

Hey, I'm with you finregime. We gotta deal the hand dealt us. Yeah, our losses suck but we can deal with it. I still believe. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Blind faith boys and girls :cooldude:

AEM said:
Hey, I'm with you finregime. We gotta deal the hand dealt us. Yeah, our losses suck but we can deal with it. I still believe. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!

Blind faith boys and girls :cooldude:

A good team deals with abrupt circumstances!

If we are going to be great it'll be without Boston but this is the pros and your not playing this game at this level unless you can!

Phinz said:
Have you seen our def. play since last year, you do know we have made a few upgrades. I was just saying this exact thing on another thread.

Yeah, that game with Philly ... that told me all there is to know about your "defense" ... and you want to be compared to the 2000 Ravens ????

:roflmao:

patsfan4ever said:
Yeah, that game with Philly ... that told me all there is to know about your "defense" ... and you want to be compared to the 2000 Ravens ????

:roflmao:

Did they kick you out of your own message board??????

I can't wait to see Dillon cause problems for ya'll about how many touches Bellichek gives him. :lol: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Phinz said:

Yeah i saw them play last year against philly and in tennessee.....

we have a lot of good players on defense, and we definitely rank in the top ten... but they aren't reliable. they have days where they just don't show up. That 2000 Baltimore defense showed up just about all the time.

finregime said:
I will ask all of you what Baltimore had that year that we dont?

Let's start with JAMAL LEWIS and PRIEST HOLMES.

Please...think before you post.

Jamal Lewis was a rookie that season, and Priest Holmes was an unknown. The Priest Holmes you saw back then wasn't the Priest Holmes you see today. To that date, Holmes had gained around 1,500 yards and 8 TDs in three seasons of play. He was considered a quality back up running back at that time, which was why Baltimore used one of their two first round picks on Jamal Lewis.

The Ravens' quarterback situations that season? Tony Banks and Trent Dilfer.

The Ravens' receivers that season? Quadry Ismail and a rookie Travis Taylor.

That Ravens' team went into that season with uncertainty at quarterback, two rookies starting at the skill positions, and an offensive line that was thrown together with two rookies starting on this unit.

You can't expect the def. to win everygame, obviously otherwise the ravens would have went undefeated instead of 12-4 to win the superbowl, I never said our def. WOULD win us the superbowl, I am just saying wait and see and then judge where we stand after at least we start playing again.

And one of those losses they had was us. To say our off. was good that year would be a stretch.

Back
Top Bottom