2003 Phinz : My Opinions Thus Far.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2003 Phinz : My Opinions Thus Far....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Here's my 2003 observations on what has been yet another disappointing effort....

Offense:
======

N. Turner should be ashamed of himself. He's got one of the best RB's in the NFL, he's got a sure fire future star WR in C. Chambers, and another one in TE R. McMicheal. These three players have been highly underused this season, and if you want to really top it off, put FB R. Konrad on that list as well......

OL coach T. Wise should also accept some blame for the lack of offense this team generates. The OL has been worse this season than I've ever seen it. The moves, or lack there of along the OL this off-season certainly showed.....

LT W. Gandy is having another very solid season in NO, and OT K. Turley is doing just fine in St. Louis. We had a chance to land either one, and failed on both. Hell, we could have brought in a journeyman OT who had game time experience, yet decided to stick with a rookie instaed. Good call Rick!!!....

LT W. Smith replacing veteran M. Dixon was a joke. The rookie obviously wasn't ready, yet the coaches had no choice because of no depth....

Expecting LG J. Nails to rebound after achillies surgery was a long shot at best, and S. McKinney isn't fooling anyone, he simply isn't ready for the NFL level either....

C T. Ruddy has seen his best days years ago, he's old, and he's been banged up more often this year as a result....

QB J. Fielder is always good for 7 defensive points a game. He's one of the weakest armed QB's in the NFL, and his decision making is very questionable IMO. His days as an NFL starter are done. It's funny, but I'd be willing to bet he never regains a starting position in the NFL. Dave and the Phinz were the only team willing to take a chance on him. Thanks Jay, but no thanks...

This offense needs a complete overhaul. New OL, added WR's, and a new young gun QB. After that, we need a new OC.....

Defense:
======

I'm only really disappointed in one player. Jason "pretty boy" Taylor. He gets his 18 1/2 sacks last season, he gets his money, and then this year he goes into hiding. Hello Jason??? Where are you??? Where have you been??? When are you coming back???

He's been a major disappointment. I don't want to get rid of him because he'll rebound next year, but I expected much more from him this year with the emergence of DE A. Ogunleye.....

The LB/S cores need to be rebuilt IMO. SS S. Knight is a keeper, he deserves another chance in 2004. As for FS B. Marion, he can go. He's never been that great, and after watching him get toasted this season, he clearly has lost a step....

OLB J. Seau only has a couple of years left in the tank, so we should look for his replacement this year. As for OLB M. Greenwood, I can't really comment. If he made some good plays, or some bad plays, I could. He does neither.....

At DB, S. Madsion is in the same boat as B. Marion. He's good, but for the money he's getting, we could go with someone else cheaper and not feel to much of an effect IMO. There are plenty of other DB's who will be available for a lower cost IMO....

Along the DL, T. Bowens is the rock in the middle, but for how much longer?? I like TB, but he's clearly not the Pro Bowler he once was. I'd give him one more year. L. Chester is fine, and so are the DE's. The depth is also pretty solid....

All in all, if we can rebuild the OL, add a couple of legit #2 WR's, and find a soid QB for the future, we'll be in good shape on offense. All of this, without tearing down the defense too much, and all will be fine in 2004 IMO.....

2003 Grades
==========
Offense - D
Defense - B+
Coaching - D-

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
Madison I agree with.

Buckley is also sucking wind. Niether one can tackle for ****.

Back
Top Bottom