2003 Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2003 Rankings

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1) Rams: 13 - 3 (NFC Champion)
Warner will be back to normal this season. They have the best group of WR's in the league. They have two legit #1 WR's. Add in Faulk & Gordon to go behind the new and improved line and you have a lethal running attack. The D did lose Dre Bly and it will show this season. But they have added better talent overall to the Defense.

2)Miami: 13 - 3 (AFC Champion)
The Phins have added starters to the D that already was drowning in talent. Junior will bring the fire and the play to take the Phins to a new level. When they added Knight they added a player that makes the Big Play. He is a hard knocker that likes to get his hands on the ball. The D for Miami might be one of the best ever if they gel this season. If they do gel the offense should be able to give Ricky the ball to kill the clock and get his 100 yards. They will not be seeing many 4-5 WR sets this season. They will be running a 2 TE set more often and from the sounds of it Chambers and McMichael will be ball'N. The Offense just needs to keep the D in the game. Miami should force a lot of turnovers this year. Miami also has given Miami another threat on the ST. It looks like Rogers & Minor will be returning Kicks this season. They seem to have more depth than ever before. Moore & Greenwood will allow each other to learn on the go. Mare should be back to Pro Bowl form. Jay or Brian just need to make the high % play. Let Ricky & the D win the games.

3) Bucs: 11 - 5 (NFC Title Game)
The D rules the field for the entire game. The D can score more than the offense in some games. That is the problem with them if the Bucs D does not play the full game they lose. They might improve on the offense this season. But it is hard to repeat if you do not have a balanced team. They have their ring so will they still have the fire on the D for the full season?

4) Falcons: 10 - 6
Vick is the most explosive player to ever play the game. On a busted play he will turn it into a Highlight Reel. His passing skills will be much improved know that Price is around. They will not throw the ball a lot but they will throw the ball DEEP every GAME. The D played well last season. They should be even better this year. The team will only as go as far as Vick will take them. If he is healthy for the full season. Then they could be the team to beat. But he does have a injury problem. But it is like a Vett going 100 and hitting a wall something has to give.

5) Colts: 10 - 6 (AFC Title Game)
Manning and Harrison all season long. It takes about two years for a RB to recover from a injury like the one that James had. He will be back and trying to win another rushing title. He will be the Total Yard Back this season. The D is only going to get better with Doss & Dungy. Reminds me of Lynch & Dungy already. Look for the D to make some noise this season.

6) Eagles: 10 - 6
They lost all of their LB's and a star DE and their best young corner. The D did not make enogh adjustments to keep its form from last season. They still will have a Good D just not a Great D. But Good is still good enough to win some games. McNabb just needs some help. He does not have a true RB or WR. He makes them all look better than they really are. He will once again try to carry the season on his shoulders.

7) Raiders: 10 - 6
This will be the year that age catches up with them. They do have some very good young talent on the field. But the Key Roles are Rice, Brown, Woodson, Gannon, etc....they are going to be missing the some games this year. They will be in the hunt and make the playoffs but they will be lucky to win the division.

8) Chargers: 10 - 6
Brees to Boston TD.....you can hear it already. Now add in LT running for 100 and you have a true problem if your team is facing them. The D will need to fill some really big holes this year. That is why they will not go to the title game this year. But they will challenge for the Divison.

9) Pats: 10 - 6
They have added more starters to a very good D. The offense really needs a Running Back to take it to the next level. They have a great young DT that should give Ricky a hard time this year. Harrison should make some very big plays for them. They still have 2 solid #2's and a true #3 WR's. They should go as far as the D takes them. But the O does not have enough weapons to win the Division.

10) Green Bay: 10 - 6
Brett will always keep them in the hunt. The WR core could be better but Farve will make them look better. They have a RB that can rush & catch so that will always cause problems. The D is okay but they still need some players with the June 1st cuts and vet signings.

11) Titans: Eddie's Toes???
12) Steelers: Maddox does not know what he is in for.
13) Jets: Can Moss be a #1?
14) Saints: D??? The O will be putting up huge games.
15) Bills: Moulds had better hope that Reed is ready.
16) 49'ers: T.O. just seems to always come 1st.
17) Vikings: Much Improved D this season.
18) Broncos: Always seem to have a couple 1000 yard backs...
19) Browns: Just keep getting better. Great WR's Depth...
20) Redskins:Maybe if the had a QB that got to play the full game.
21) Ravens: The D is back....ouch!!!
22) Cowboys: No QB or RB....But a D that will be Killers.
23) Jags: Just need one more year to rebuild. NEXT YEAR....
24) Bengals: Marvin will get them rolling late in the season.
25) Panthers: D will be ball'n.....
26) Bears:Kordell will have a good year. But early game mistakes..
27) Lions: Rogers should get his 1,000....yeah he will... :)
28) Texans: Good Passing & WR's.....BUT A OLINE....NOPE...
29) Seahawks: Shawn will get his 1,300 yards.
30) Giants: They are not even on the radar.
31) Chiefs: Holmes is the Team!!!!
32) Cardinls: Way to go Smith...LOL....just retire.

Super Bowl:
Rams 17
vs
Dolphins 28

The Phins D is ready to play every down. They have the depth and the starters to take over a game. Some may have them lower but when they start rollin this season and the D is playing Pro Bowl ball....just keep this in mind......Defense wins championships!!!!!

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
1) Rams: 13 - 3 (NFC Champion)
Warner will be back to normal this season. They have the best group of WR's in the league. They have two legit #1 WR's. Add in Faulk & Gordon to go behind the new and improved line and you have a lethal running attack. The D did lose Dre Bly and it will show this season. But they have added better talent overall to the Defense.

5) Colts: 10 - 6 (AFC Title Game)
Manning and Harrison all season long. It takes about two years for a RB to recover from a injury like the one that James had. He will be back and trying to win another rushing title. He will be the Total Yard Back this season. The D is only going to get better with Doss & Dungy. Reminds me of Lynch & Dungy already. Look for the D to make some noise this season.

Colts a little too high. Rams WAYYYY too high. The Stealers have better WRs as they have 2 #1s and another starter on the rise in Ward, Burress, and Rendel El..

Colts way too high, Chiefs way too low. Rams may me that good but I doubt it . Unfortuneatly, I think the bills will also be better than that.

My opinion, If the Rams meet the Bucs in the NFC title game it will the BUCS v Phins(assuming we get there)..

I think we will be surprised this year. The bUcs have another year to digest grudens Offense and the points will be there. In addition they still have a great defense!

Why does everyone on this board always pick the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl? I believe in being optimistic, but we haven't won a friggin' playoff game in TWO YEARS! We have the talent to go all the way, but I am reserving my untempered enthusiasm.
And the Rams won't be in the Bowl(coaching- Martz is nuts). And you have the Colts a little too high(just need more defensive talent, real help for Harrison on the other side). Plus Manning has never won ANYTHING- never beat Florida, 5 years in the pros no playoff victories. The Bills are going to cause some trouble too, I think. Losing Price will hurt, but they'll still win their share.

Good point but I think its all potential. yes we slid yet again in December. But there are certain things to consider the defense never looked this good (on paper) fiedler was much better pre-injury and we are hoping that this year we will see the pre injury fielder. RW figures to have another good year.

Add that to the fact that the recent SB victories included defensive minded teams we fins fans are overly optimistic. So yeah its a homer pick but its not like we are the Benglas..We actually have a shot. Also remember the Bucs did not have a good rep in cold weather or late season games...they did overcome..the rest is history!

I think SB will indeed be Miami Vs Tampa....if we get there.

I'd like to think the Fins will go to the SB too... although I don't know if it will be Tampa... look for the 49ers, and Eagles to make a strong showing in the NFC.... and never, ever count the Packers out...

hey dude...i dunno bout da Rams, i think Warners startin to slow a lil bit (those hand injuries are startin to catch up wit him). The rest of the team is good, but i really doubt they'll go 13-3. I agree with the Fins ranking though, they're goin all the way. I think the SB is gonna be Miami and Philly/Tampa, but i could be wrong. The Rams, Packers, 49ers, and Falcons all could make a push in da NFC. n watch out for Carolina, they're a good dark horse pick dis yr.

well, this is the time of the year to feel good about our team and to dream about winning the whole thing. We've been waiting long enough to see them win again.Is all gonna come down to staying healthy, not turning the ball over and stoping the stupid penalties imo.

Part of the Bucs getting over their humps(sorry, I know how that sounds, but they had more than one hump- Philly, plus cold weather...)was Gruden. Had Dungy stayed, we'd have seen a Philly/Oakland Super Bowl. Now Wannstedt must get us over our painful humps. On paper,as has been said, we are LOADED. What can he do with the talent he has? He has no excuses left unless Ricky Williams breaks his leg in the first week of the season. Can Wannstedt pull a Gruden?
I believe the Titans or the Steelers are the Dolphins biggest threat to the AFC title.

I think it all comes down to showing some heart in tough situations and making a play when your team needs one.

Noone seemed to do that last year when we needed them.(Maybe RW, but the team didn't do it enough that's for sure.)

Originally posted by Bopkin02
Why does everyone on this board always pick the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl? I believe in being optimistic, but we haven't won a friggin' playoff game in TWO YEARS! We have the talent to go all the way, but I am reserving my untempered enthusiasm.

tampa was regular 1st round fodder prior to last season, and they were getting hammered...tough not to include a team with this much talent in the discussion

I'm sure some team who no one expects to be worth a $hit will make it deep into the playoffs next year. Thats just how the NFL is .You never know whats going to happen. I mean, a teams two best players could be hurt in preseason . You just have to wait and see. But I still think the dolphins will do well this year. All we can do is hope and pray they play as good as they look on paper.

The Giants at #30? Ouch! I want to believe that, but personally, the person who wrote this is on crack. You can never takes these pre season rankings seriously.

Back
Top Bottom