2004 1st rd projection | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 1st rd projection

2004 Draft

Shaub has great size, but is lacking some confidence to be a top pick in the '04 draft. But after another season, who knows? Eariler in his career, if he threw an INT, he was pretty much ineffective for the rest of the day. Most UVa fans hated him until last season. UVa looks to be more rushing oriented with a GREAT young backfield. That may detract from Shaub showing all that he is capable of.

Regarding Kevin Jones, I can't believe no one has mentioned injuries. Granted, the kid is one of the most talented RBs in the NCAA, but he HAS to stay healthy the entire season to be considered a top draft pick. Hopefully, he will become more durable as he ages because he definitely has the skills. I'm just not completely sold on him because of that. Same thing holds true with Greg Jones. Both are extremely talented, and I'm sure some teams will take their chances on them - just glad the Phins don't have to take it.

Hey Boomer, I want to add a Safety to your "Watch List". Dexter Reid of UNC. This kid is 5'11", 215, and one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen in a secondary. He has good speed (great recovery/instincts), and was UNC's leading tackler last season (tells you how awful UNC's defense was). I don't consider him a top pick (as most safeties aren't), but late 1st to early 2nd, and he's gonna make some team very happy.

Hey Bransc - yeahI saw Reid a couple of times last year - I have to say that I came away slightly unimpressed. I thought he was always around the ball, but didn't make enough of himself. Also I thought he got caught in no mans land a bit too often for my liking and looked to struggle some when the ball went behind him.

I'll tell you two guys right now who'll be high picks when they come out are the Virginia LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson and the RG Elton Brown. Brown just blew me away. What a talent. I have never seen a kid who can pull like that. He's a horse. they are both sophs, although I think one is a redshirt soph.

Re: Re: I do...

Originally posted by red mosquito

Not a total jerk. A seventeen year old kid at the time. If he had gone to PSU the faithful would be wearing Krispy Kremes.
People in SE Pennsylavania ALWAYS whine when someone disses Penn State. I grew up there (Springfield, Pa same town where Jones went to HS (Cardinal O'Hara HS) ) and many of my area friends went to PSU, and they all constantly whine about the officials, the bad luck, the "locks" that go to other schools, that many of their players are NFL busts, the schedule... the fact they have zero big 10 chamoionships, etc.
Jones probably thought it was funny, and I'll admit it was immature and not the best thing to do. But how many seventeen year old kids do a few things that they regret later. .. alot.
Jones is more than a freak. His speed is amazing... I mean amazing. He's also gotten bigger at VT (think he's around 215 now). For all of you that haven't seen him... it will be a treat.

You seem to forget about 1994. That's the only Big 10 championship that they have in football. You make a good point about Jones only being 17 when he pulled his stunt, I pulled similar stuff like that when I was 17. But for his sake, he better not act like a punk once he gets to the NFL. It's a different world when you are in the spotlight. Jones has a responsibility to conduct yourself with class, something that he does not have. Hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes.

Jones is such a freak...

that he is somewhat injury prone...which is going to be the consistent question with him...can he hold up?

My guess is that he may have an outstanding career until that big nasty hit.

Yeah he does have his problems with injuries. Much like M. Vick he tries to do the HighLight moves and jukes. But I think as he gets stronger and SMARTER he will be fine. Just wait he will be a Top 5-10 pick if he makes it through the season in one piece...lol

My prediction is it's somebody I never heard of because he'll be Mr. Irrelavent. The old last pick because the Phins win it all.

Back
Top Bottom