2004 Dolphins free-agents and hopefuls.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 Dolphins free-agents and hopefuls..

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
I figured there isn't much to talk about until the season starts... so, lets talk about next year.

2004 Free-Agents
names in bold I think we will probably resign, names in italic I think we are going to let go... then again, it's really too early to tell. any of these guys could change my mind this season.

• Obafemi Ayanbadejo, FB
Ayanbadejo signed a 1-year deal with Miami in January of 2003.
• Sedrick Irvin, HB
Irvin signed with the Dolphins as a free agent on January 6, 2003, according to the Associated Press.
• Travis Minor, HB
Minor signed a three-year contract with the Dolphins in July 2001, according to the Associated Press.
• Charlie Rogers, HB
Rogers signed a one-year, $555,000 contract with the Dolphins in April of 2003.
• Marco Battaglia, TE
Battaglia signed a one-year deal with Miami in March 2003.
• Dejhown Mandley, TE
Signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted college free agent on May 1, 2003.
• Ed Perry, TE
Perry signed a three-year deal with Miami in March of 2001.
• Robert Baker, WR
Baker inked a one-year with Miami in the 2003 offseason, according to the Associated Press.
• Oronde Gadsden, WR
Gadsden signed a 1-year deal with Miami in June of 2003.

If any of this information is wrong, or I'm missing someone... correct me.

Other major free-agents next year that could be a major help to us...

• Marvin Harrison, WR :D
Contract expires end of 2003 season
• Terrell Owens, WR :D
Signed a seven-year, $23 million contract in July 1999. The deal includes voidable years that could see him as a free agent following the 2003 season.
• Tai Streets, WR
Signed a one-year contract in May 2003.
• Todd Pinkston, WR
Pinkston becomes a free agent after 2003 if he catches 55 passes. Otherwise, we'll become a free agent after 2004.
• Ron Dixon, WR
Signed a one-year, $605,000 deal in 2003, according to published reports.
• Todd Sauerbrun, P
Sauebrun is making $1,170,000 in the final year of his contract
• Mike Alstott, FB
Contract expires end of 2003 season
• Derrick Brooks, LB :D
In final year of contract making $2,480,000 w/ $620,000 bonus in 2003
• Warren Sapp, DE :D
Making $7,450,000 in final year of deal with a $850,000 signing bonus
• Issac Bruce, WR
In final year of deal which will pay him $1,980,000
• Darrell Jackson, WR
Signed a one-year deal in April 2003.

Are we in too much cap trouble next year to pull in one or two of these guys? All I want is T.O.... please? pretty please?

T.O. will be tooooooo much money... expect him to get 4-6 Mill a year...

Terrell Owens will get more than $6 million/season. See Randy Moss' contract.

Miami will be hard pressed to re-sign it's own FAs, let alone any quality UFAs available. Besides, if Marvin Harrison is UFA.........I would bet a boat load of cash that he ends up with McNabb in Philly

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Miami will be hard pressed to re-sign it's own FAs, let alone any quality UFAs available. Besides, if Marvin Harrison is UFA.........I would bet a boat load of cash that he ends up with McNabb in Philly
you dont hink he'll stay in indy?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

I would be pretty sure he would be franchised in a heart beat. If TO or Harrison tested the market they would sign a contract that would be worth at least 50mill.

Realize that Peyton Manning is also a possible UFA after the season. Indy cannot Franchise him because of the 120% rule. They could Franchise Harrison.

Corrections to first post:

Miami also has OT Todd Wade and G Jamie Nails who are both UFA. DE Ogunleye is RFA and will likely want more than the 1st rd tender of approx. $1.5 million.

Todd Pinkston just signed an extension with Philly

don´t forget we have to invest another 3-4 million in a starting QB, so i think it almost impossible to lure any big names over here, but didn´t we said this about this offseason as well ?

I'm not even gonna worry about next year right now. We haven't won in 30 years. We need to worry about now.

Ozzy rules!!

Edgerrin James contract is up after this year also..I believe.

I don't think he'll be in Indy after this year.

I would like Bruce, hell..I wouldn't even mind Pinkston for the right money.

Rumors out here in the S.F. bay area is that T.O. will be with Atlanta Next year....and that SF is gonna pull the same thing Buffalo did with Price, slap the franchise tag and trade him...a Vick/T.O./Price combination is pretty scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom