2004 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 Draft

Quelonio

El rey de la Pachacha
Reaction score
I just saw a draft page that made a mock draft for next year (pretty stupid but what the heck) and what they did was take Madden do the upgrades that the teams did this offseason and then simulate the season, and make the draft.

So Dolphins picked at number 20 (then again Madden is not a reliable source) and their pick was a quaterback from Florida State, Andrew Walter i think, though i'm not sure (in Mexico it is impossible to watch any college football). So it seems everyone wants us to draft a quaterback, now that is probably not a bad idea, i mean Fiedler is around 30 so it could be a nice idea to get someone to groom, if you ask me Sage isn't the solution, i mean he didn't even have a good college career, the guy threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

Can't remember the draft page.

And how. Chris Rix is awesome and firmly entrenched as the starter. Even Bobby has said that he's the best quarterback he's ever coached and that includes Charlie Ward, who won the freakin' Heisman.

I'm an FSU fan and I've never even heard of this other guy.

Doesn't Andrew Walter play for Arizona st? I think thats him. If it is he is pretty darn good- very solid!

Andrew Walter is the strong armed ASU QB. He's a fast riser and with a senior year similar to the one he just put in, he'll be a first rounder, along with Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, JP Losman and probably Cody Pickett. Chris Rix needs to prove that his head is screwed on, he needs to prove that he can win back the trust of his teammates and that he can sit in the pocket and deliver consistently without breaking containment. But he has all the talent in the world.

You say Sage is not the solution, but he has not had a real chance to prove you right or wrong. He has impressed in camps and has had no real playing time during the season. Just my gut feeling, but if Sage get a real chance durning the season, it will be very hard to get him out of the line up.

Sorry, but Chris Rix is awful. I dont care if he plays in the State of Florida.

Rix stinks!!! Big time. This kid won't be picked anywhere near the first round.

#1 pick barring disaster will be Ole Miss QB Eli Manning. Tall, good arm, and a pedigree.

Rounding out the top 5 should be:

Miami DT - Vince Wilfork
Texas WR - Roy Williams
OSU WR - Rashaun Woods
Florida OG - Shannon Snell (had to throw a Gator in there ;) )

kustok had the best camp last year and you let him go, should have groomed him , instead you kept Lucas because wanny didnt have the balls to cut a lousy qb.

Roy Williams might not even be the highest receiver named Williams to come off the board. And anyone that says Chris Rix sucks clearly isn't watching college football. And Shannon Snell in the top 5? Puhlleeessse.

And as for Manning going 1 overall. He better sort out those wobbly deep balls because there are three live arms in Walter, Roethlisberger and Losman who could push him hard and can throw the deep ball.

Originally posted by gatorphin
Rix stinks!!! Big time. This kid won't be picked anywhere near the first round.

#1 pick barring disaster will be Ole Miss QB Eli Manning. Tall, good arm, and a pedigree.

Rounding out the top 5 should be:

Miami DT - Vince Wilfork
Texas WR - Roy Williams
OSU WR - Rashaun Woods
Florida OG - Shannon Snell (had to throw a Gator in there ;) )
You're saying that because he plays for FSU and because of the last game against UF.

While Rix is admittedly too daring at times, his use of his physical gifts make him a great player. I'll never forget the game, I don't remember against whom when one of the opposing linebackers went for a low tackle. Rix leaped up, somersaulted in the air, landed on his feet, then went for more yardage.

Yeah that was a great play, against Miami if I remember.

As I said, Rix is a special athlete with ALL the tools. He needs to prove he can grasp the mental aspect of the position both on and off the field if he is to take the step that his talents deserve.

Back
Top Bottom