2004 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 Draft

Draft

Andrew Walter is going to be a GREAT QB. But, he was just a true soph last year, so he may not come out yet.

And regarding Rix, he has some physical attributes, but he makes some poor decisions. Almost as though he tries to do too much. I'm a UNC fan, and I'm glad he's there starter. We start the season off this year against FSU in Chapel Hill. Last time he started there, we won 41-9. Here's to a repeat performance from Rix!!

20th. What was /is Madden thinking? :confused:
I think D/L or O/L are better picks. Our D/L is getting older fast.

Re: Draft

Originally posted by mbbransc
Andrew Walter is going to be a GREAT QB. But, he was just a true soph last year, so he may not come out yet.

And regarding Rix, he has some physical attributes, but he makes some poor decisions. Almost as though he tries to do too much. I'm a UNC fan, and I'm glad he's there starter. We start the season off this year against FSU in Chapel Hill. Last time he started there, we won 41-9. Here's to a repeat performance from Rix!!
Please remember this thread when the game comes around. I think I will;)

Re: Re: Draft

Originally posted by Miamian
Please remember this thread when the game comes around. I think I will;)

What does that mean? I don't think UNC will win, but no one did last time either. Hope it's a repeat. There's not but a few teams I dislike as much as FSU.

Your team will finish too high to draft top qb prospects, best look for midriund steals again. manning looks like a system qb- he isnt an outright dominant arm and leader. A support style player. SImilar to what we use in Gannon. Small quick smart qb who needs to learn a system at next level.

Think if what you have doesnt pan out you get FA and groom them again. Have not really seen that many top notch qb of late... pay scale for other skill positons has gone up so much the best athlete doesnt have to be the qb and make hella cash. maybe with the qb role being redefined by the vicks there will be a return to the standard of letting the best athlete start at qb and moliding him.

Most of the schools now use a system and let the other skill guys make the plays. Top notch surefire qb don't come around often and go in top ten easily. Boller wasn't all that in college and somehow went fairly high. Miami should finish well enough to draft after 24... so the qb chances don't look great unless you reach and get a guy ahead of his valued spot or trade way up and give up too much.

Originally posted by Boomer
As I said, Rix is a special athlete with ALL the tools. He needs to prove he can grasp the mental aspect of the position both on and off the field if he is to take the step that his talents deserve.

I agree 100%...

He has a canon for an arm and he runs 4.5 forty maybe even clocked lower than that.He just need to mature as QB and get his act together.

Back
Top Bottom