2004 Free Agents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 Free Agents

I use to think like many of you guys that when a player is around age of 30 is old but is really not especially for QB.

It is not so much his age as it is his ragged body. I agree he hasn't gotten much protection form his line over the years but nonetheless, it has taken its toll. He seems to be hurt a lot and I wouldn't feel comfortable investing millions in an older, beat up qb as the starter.

Originally posted by Samphin
It is not so much his age as it is his ragged body. I agree he hasn't gotten much protection form his line over the years but nonetheless, it has taken its toll. He seems to be hurt a lot and I wouldn't feel comfortable investing millions in an older, beat up qb as the starter.

I'm suggesting Brunell because he will be reasonable price range which is a plus.Mark Brunell won't see anything over 4 Million and he is most likely looking at 3.5 Mil range and that right there is a bargain.

Originally posted by Muck

Also, I'm assuming these are UNRESTRICTED FAs, correct??

Yeah, these are all Unrestricted FA's. The list of restricted FA"s is also quite interesting. See if I can dig it up.

Personally, I would like to see this:

- Sign Todd Wade To Extension
- In first round draft RG
- See what Tolver can do. If nothing, in third round draft WR (I've heard this is the most talented WR draft ever).
- Try to and sign Ian Gold to replace Greenwood. (could you imagine this:

Seau Thomas Gold)

- Sign Darren Bennett as a punter

This team needs an OL. I don't care who you have at QB or WR - it won't happen unless the OL is improved.

Also, some of the best FA pickups are from guys let go b/c their salary is too high and they are veterans or who will have their contracts ending the following year and are expected to demand big money. This is what happened with Seau and Turley and that's where we will need to look for OT's and OG's.

Unless Wanny was lucky with one of the OG pickups and unless McKinney gets tougher and better at making line calls - this team will need a lot on the OL. There will be no loyalty to Tod Perry with the new coach next year (as Wanny has done).

We also should look at DT - Bowens has a big salary and its getting difficult for him to stay on the field. If he can stay healthy and take a pay cut, fine. But, if not, we'll be looking for a new DT.

And, Ogunleye will be demanding a big contract as well. Then there's the Seau situation. If Seau is not back, we may need to go after TWO OLB's!

Next year's off season will not be a pretty one for this team. And, we will likely finish at 9-7 or 10-6 with a lousy draft again. The thing this team needs is to finish at 6-10 or 5-11 and have some extra picks - but retain much of its defense and RW and Griese. Then, it can get some guys in who can contribute. That's what the Pats have been able to do, amazingly.

seau can't go anywhere else, no team but a bottom feeding team would take him 1 year from now!

he wants a SB... $ is something he has and doesn't need more of. a SB he never has had.

The wosrt part about the draft is this, we gave up next year's second rounder to New England who is in the driver's seat in the division and is sitting on two first and two second round draft picks next year. :(

I don't see the obsession with replacing Todd Perry first when clearly we need an LT, LG, C and if Wade leaves, a RT. This line is barely holding together by a thread and some could say that was snapped when Freeney broke through to end the game.

I could live without a linebacker upgrade this offseason, especially if Moore comes back and produces, but man alive, that is an excellent list of linebackers.

Todd Wade is a goner if he expects to get a big contract (which he does). He is average. He can leave.

In FA, I just hope we can keep the roster we have. One of the QBs if not both are goners. However, besides them (and Wade) I just hope we can hold onto what we got. After that, if possible, we need to upgrade the offensive line. We should use the draft on offensive linemen, and a WR as well.

Originally posted by Muck
That's a pretty good CB and LB group. If not for Ian Gold tearing that ACL, that would be an even better group. Damien Woody and any of those tackles would be nice. John Tait is a decent LT but an excellent RT for KC. Think Kyle Turley without the meaness (but who can match Turley in intensity??). Woody plays a lot of guard. So that would be a consideration.

Also, I'm assuming these are UNRESTRICTED FAs, correct??

Muck, I live right by KC and Tait has actually struggled more at RT than at LT. He doesn't quite have the size and has improved at RT but still isn't anything great. They always say he's improved enough to where this is the best line because he was so bad to start with at RT.

Tait has great athleticism but is way too nice. He's a strict Mormon who doesn't do anything at all ever remotely mean. I don't know if he's a guy that would do so well in the environment of miami ya know what I mean?

Originally posted by Samphin
Terrell Owens, I don't see coming here and that is probably a good thing. He is dropping everything tha hits his hands these days. I bet he sweats each time he goes to the bathroom. :lol: Darrel Jackson wouldn't be a bad pick imo.

Let me see if I get this straight...you bash Terrell Owens for drops and yet in the very next sentence you say we ought to get Darrell Jackson? Have you seen the Seattle Stonehands play this year? :rolleyes:

But I agree that he won't come here. If he doesn't think he gets the ball enough in San Francisco...

Hold that thought...with our new offensive-minded head coach, next year Miami might not be the wide-receiver desert that it is right now.

Stop giving up on Smith so god damn much. He is a good player, but is out there way earlier than he should be. He will recover next week and will get help. At RT why not Tait would be good. Or put him at LT and Smith at RT. Nails put at RG, he will be healthy and at his best spot. At LG draft Brian Rimpf in the third to starter there, and have him Whitley, and Yates compete for a spot.

Smith is not big or strong enough to play RT in our scheme, he has great feet. He could play LT at a very high level if he let him develop. He would be an All-Pro type LG if we found a LT IMO.

Of course, I played CB and not OL so maybe you can't switch that easy from T to G but my understanding is it's easier to go to Guard than it is to go to Tackle.

Has room to grow. Could be 310 maybe.

As long as we're gettin TO, let's trade Jay Fiedler and some other stuff to the 49'ers for Jeff Garcia. Oh this should start some arguements...

Back
Top Bottom