2006 Games...What the heck did we do to get this line-up!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Games...What the heck did we do to get this line-up!?

A Wing Pilot said:
A few things on the schedule:

3. I think we will have one more scheduled prime time, otheres may not be scheduled due to that new rul of being able to change them in the 2nd half odf the season (unless thats not in place this year)

Yes, it's in place for this coming season. I think the new contract allows for 7 games to be moved from Sunday to Monday night, with 2-3 weeks advanced notice, I believe. Also, the network that had the doubleheader game that week will be allowed to protect one game, and then ESPN is allowed to pick from the rest on both networks.

Another interesting factioid about our schedule... though it doesn't really mean much:

Rookie HC:
Green Bay
Minnesota
Jets (2 times)
Detroit
Houston

New HC:
Buffalo (2 times)
Kansas City

Same ol' same ol':
Jacksonville
New England (2 times)
Titans
Chicago
Pitt
Indy

6 games against coaches who have never been a head coach before... 9 games against coaches in their 1st year in office.

Given that a team usually doesn't make a coaching change when things are going well, you could argue that 9/16ths of our season comes against teams who could be classified as "troubled".

:D

The schedules are generated a few years before hand, the dates of the games are what the league determines during the offseason.

3P said:
Given that a team usually doesn't make a coaching change when things are going well, you could argue that 9/16ths of our season comes against teams who could be classified as "troubled".

:D

except for KC....they only have a new coach because vermeil retired.

if this year is like last year we could make the playoffs with 10 wins its iffy but i think we will win 11 games this year we just really need to fix our DB needs and a LB and we will be amayzing

Sethdaddy8 said:
Has anyone noticed that our away games are much more difficult than our home games...not to mention far less interesting too? As a season ticket holder, I am very dissapointed, while feeling the league dealt us a very unfair hand.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/common/spacer_orange.gifhttp://www.miamidolphins.com/images/spacer.gif
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2006 Home Opponents[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buffalo, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, New England, N.Y. Jets and Tennessee[/FONT]

http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/common/spacer_orange.gif
http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/spacer.gif
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2006 Road Opponents[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, New England, N.Y. Jets and Pittsburgh[/FONT]

We're gipped out of seeing the defending champs, Indy, and probably Reggie Bush:fire:
Atleast Daunte doesn't have to play in a hostile Metrodome.
(although it would have been very interesting)

Isn't it a formula? No conspiracy theory here. Besides, I'd rather we pla tough games than play soft schedule and get an inflated record, then get pounded by a real team in the playoffs. I think we are up to this schedule now. A true test.

Ducken said:
OR you could look at it this way. There are a bunch of those team going SOB we gotta play the Dolphins:evil:

I like your thinking :D

Al13 said:
so are you saying road games are tough ?

No, Im saying...as a season ticket holder, the away games are more interesting than the home games, and that stinks for us who will be attending.

It is obvious that a formula is used to determine inter-division games and deciding the nfl schedule...which is also based on record. There is also fine tuning done as far as tv scheduling and what not, and is a multi-faceted process. It's not all just whipped up by HAL9000. Point being, the process, which the league is responsible for, has slighted us...especially if we're playing up in Pitt, Chicago or NE in late Nov-Dec. Yes Yes I know we can win those games, but who needs the ADDED disadvantages.

A Wing Pilot said:
as far as if they are beatable here's my breakdown

Home
------
Buffalo - Easily beat-able
Green bay - Beat-able
Jacksonville - Win-able
KC - Tough Home game (more for our d )
Minny - depends on offseason but defintely win-able
NE - we can beat them
Jets - I hope to destroy them (i guess we split)
Ten - those guys are going crazy this offseason.. not as easy as iwanted it to be

All in all i think we go 5-3 at home

Really? I see 6-2 at worst because honestly this is really an easy home skid, not that any hone skid is easy but none of these teams scare me all that much unlike our road opponents.

To me, the only two away games besides divisional ones that I am worried about are Indy and Pitt. Not even the bears scare me because they will probably take a step back like they always do after a good season. In the end, our team will need to have an A game no matter where it is played to beat some of these teams, but we can do it like we did against SD.

HysterikiLL said:
By the way, we have the 5th easiest schedule in the NFL.

I think mostly because of our home skid, I really believe this is one of the easiest home schedules I can remember us having in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom