2006 Miami Draft so far | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 Miami Draft so far

I dont think we get compensation picks. Cleo not a good 6th round pick. Wright is not a starting DT right now, and may never be, he might be solid but did not show too much last year.

playeragent26 said:
I've got money saying we get 1 pick for lost players. Morlon Greenwood is a good point. I bet Saban is counting on that also. 6th round might be the good bet.

If we get a player for Greenwood, we win....

since he couldn't play :D

Just ask HOU how much they love him :sidelol:

Im not sold on Cleo and Manny yet, but they are young guys with potential and are better than what we would have gotten at those positions anyways.

Omaha said:
This is off the top of my head but is this what we have drafted so far?

1st round-
2nd round- Duante Culpepper
3rd round-
4th round-
5th round- Manny Wright
6th round- Cleo Lemon
7th round
7th round
7th round

Pretty good draft so far.
Starting and back up QB
Starting DT with potential now that he isn't a fat slob.

So maybe a pair of corners and an OT with our first 3 picks? Then a LB? I'm not a real follower of all the draftees, but that sounds like a general priority list and in view of our cuts... we need somebody to play corner besides Will Poole. Just ideas, FA isn't over yet either. I guess with the signing of what's his name at LT we could put that off?

I dont know about compensatory picks, you get the picks based on the number of player that left via FA not cut or traded. There is some "Secret" equasion that takes into account the players lost via FA and the players signed that were FA. Any player that was cut or traded doesnt count. So the biggest signings for us Schulters, Carter, and Holliday were cut and thus dont count. But we only lost Greenwood, Robinson, and Knight to FA everyone else was cut or traded. We signed however Spragan, Cook, Evans, Ferrotte, Glenn, McDougal, and Tillman so dont count on any extra picks.

As for the draft
1st, we need to take the best player at the time. If we dont get a CB and Cromartie is there I would be hard pressed to pass on him, same goes for Chad Greenway if hes there.
2nd- The Pepper
3rd- Look for a guy like a FS Pat Watkins to be an option if there, the guy has incredible size at 6'4 212 runs a 4.45 40 and has the frame to add some weight.

we signed way more than we lost which plays a major factor is compensation. u have to loose more than u gain to get compensation

We have three 7th rd draft picks this year? The whole compensatory picks issue is a cloudy one, the way the NFL likes it (IMO). Doubt we get anything.

SR 7 said:
I am worried about the maount of picks we have this year and i hope saban finds a way to pick upa few picks.

The sky is falling.

If I were you, I'd be worried if we didn't have a QB (e.g., Gus were still the starter). We don't have to "worry" about the number of picks when we already have three of those picks that will make the team this year and two who will contribute significantly. That's already a bonus.

We also have free agency left to do a few more deals. Then, we can add at least 3 solid players in rounds 1, 3 & 4.

Omaha said:
This is off the top of my head but is this what we have drafted so far?

1st round-
2nd round- Duante Culpepper
3rd round-
4th round-
5th round- Manny Wright
6th round- Cleo Lemon
7th round
7th round
7th round

Pretty good draft so far.
Starting and back up QB
Starting DT with potential now that he isn't a fat slob.

pray that jimmy williams falls to us. In reality he will probably get draft 3 or 4 spots ahead of us

when are compensatory picks usually anounces?

The dolphins signed as many as they lost and the ones we signed played .. the ones we lost didnt..as much...lol anyways someone already posted on this I am not gonna look it up but we will get no compensatory picks this year.The thing to hope for is Dauntes recovery Mannys progression into at least a part time player,and lemon to step up and challenge for the second or third spot.As far as the draft is concerned I would not be surprised to see Saban/Mueller move down a few spots .. especially if they can pick up a second or third .. a third being realistic a second being tough to get...but you never know! I rmember us giving up like a third to move up ONE spot to grab CAREY! FOR cripes sake! We now have men who KNOW how to deal, if someone falls,and another team is in love I guarentee that we will GET the optimum for the move down.

Back
Top Bottom