2007 MLB Hall of Fame Options | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 MLB Hall of Fame Options

BigDogsHunt

Prove It!
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9831778

Big Mac, Canseco together again on Hall of Fame ballot

The complete ballot:
Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Dante Bichette, Bert Blyleven, Bobby Bonilla, Scott Brosius, Jay Buhner, Ken Caminiti, Jose Canseco, Dave Concepcion, Eric Davis, Andre Dawson, Tony Fernandez, Steve Garvey, Rich "Goose" Gossage, Tony Gwynn, Orel Hershiser, Tommy John, Wally Joyner, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, Jack Morris, Dale Murphy, Paul O'Neill, Dave Parker, Jim Rice, Cal Ripken Jr., Bret Saberhagen, Lee Smith, Alan Trammell, Devon White, Bobby Witt.

No way do I think McGwire gets in this go round, and no way does Canseco sniff a single vote.

I would like to see Blyleven, Gwynn, Hershiser, and Ripken get the votes this go round.

Still not sure on Gossage, Garvey, Dawson, Rice, Parker, Murphy, or Morris.

P.S. just visited the MLB Hall of Fame this month. What a great place and great museum.

Gwynn and Ripken stand out obviously

after that...

Devon White and Scott Brosius are a lock IMO

Gwynn and Ripkin will get in.

Jim Rice SHOULD get in but he won't cause nobody likes him. He was one of the best right handed hitters of that era. But he will get screwed......again

I would vote for Bert Byleven and Andre Dawson but I know they probably won't get in. And many will disagree.

McGwire will pay his punishment and not get in the first couple tries but he will eventually.

Mark McGwire brought baseball back from the dead and he's not going to get in? That's a joke IMO. I know his numbers aside from homers don't warrant him getting in but damn, steroids or no steroids the man basically brought baseball from the grave in 98 and that counts for something in my book. I think he should get in for that but that's just my opinion!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Mark McGwire brought baseball back from the dead and he's not going to get in? That's a joke IMO. I know his numbers aside from homers don't warrant him getting in but damn, steroids or no steroids the man basically brought baseball from the grave in 98 and that counts for something in my book. I think he should get in for that but that's just my opinion!

he will get in. just not the 1st or 2nd time around. the "voters" will make him wait. It will be his form of "punishment"

Goose Gossage lives here in Colorado Springs, and is way overdue for the Hall of Fame. I see him around town playing volleyball and helping kids at baseball camps. I have talked to him a few times and he is a really great guy. He is also huge. I hope you get in Goose.....you deserve it !!!!

Just say NO to McGwire, Canseco, and the other guys who cheated. :rolleyes:

Roman529 said:
Just say NO to McGwire, Canseco, and the other guys who cheated. :rolleyes:

That list is long my friend, and the HoF already has several. Aside from the assumptions you are making about them, since they have never been proven to cheat, and no rules prevented the use of performance enhancers, in MLB at the time, etc, this is a difficult situation for the voters.

I will be curious to see what if any message is sent....hard to say.

i don't know how i feel about mcgwire, but i dont think voters will vote him in on the first time

on espn.com sportsnation only Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken recieved enough votes, Gossage and McGwire were 3rd and 4th but only had between 50-60% of the votes

The Goose should be in already....Bruce Sutter and Lee Smith have the Goose to thank for paving the way. I also hope Blyleven gets in too. :rolleyes:

In this order

Gwynn
Ripken
Dawson
Rice
Blyleven

Those would be my 5 votes.. I can't believe people would rather have a player like Raffy in because of 3000/500 but leave out 2 guys that carried their teams year after year like Dawson and Rice..

UCFinfan86 said:
on espn.com sportsnation only Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken recieved enough votes, Gossage and McGwire were 3rd and 4th but only had between 50-60% of the votes

I wanna see Jim Rice get in. He deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom