2008 Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 Dolphins

Finner89

Active Roster
Reaction score
Were they a one year wonder? Beneficiaries of the Brady injury and Favre being banged up? Or were they a legit great team?

It was the last season I felt there was a chance (Not a big one mind you..) to win a SB. Curious to hear your opinions

Coach Chad Pennington singing Eminem during practice that season led us to 11 wins. Sadly, the Ravens ate our lunch and showed the world how truly flawed we were.

Coach Chad Pennington singing Eminem during practice that season led us to 11 wins. Sadly, the Ravens ate our lunch and showed the world how truly flawed we were.
Yeah we were a good team but not anywhere near ready for a SB bid.

Good team that definitely benefited from s Brady less Pats and figured out how to hide their deficiencies

We had Ricky Williams, Pennington, Ronny Brown and, we had the wildcat. The planets lined up and we made a splash. In the play-offs our coaches were limited, Baltimore had an answer for the wildcat but we didn't have an answer for their answer. Advantage Ravens.

1) We were blessed with one of the friendliest schedules all-time playing the NFC West and AFC West in which only the Cardinals had a winning record of 9-7 (which Miami lost to 31-10). Having 4 west coast teams travel to Miami being SF (7-9), Oakland (5-11), Seattle (4-12) and SD (8-8) in which the Dolphins won all 4 home games by a combined 16 points.
2) Noodle arm providing enough leadership to win close games.
3) The wildcat catching the Pats by surprise.
4) Brady getting injured didn't hurt either.

With a shout out to Joey Porter having a career year rushing the passer.

Stats and points for/against all pointed to 9-7 but we were clutch enough to manage 11-5. Well done.

Nobody was particularly fooled. We were 3.5 point home underdogs to the Ravens, and the money pushed it in that direction.

Pennington at 7.7 YPA and with excellent TD/INT ratio basically mirrored his best season with the Jets -- 2002.

Somehow, I thought Sporano was the guy that had turned things around and we'd be neck and neck with NE for the next ten years. Some fun memories tho of '08.

"Why not us" was the team motto that year. Went from 1-15 to 11-5 turnaround. Pennington was exactly what we needed at qb at the time. RIP Tony Sparano. God bless the wildcat and having David Lee on staff that season to help with thise installs. Let the cat out of the bag at New England was super awesome. Great year. Hope to have another year like that sometime in the near future. The AFC East Division Champs shirts I got that year are a little faded and worn out. Could use some new threads like that.

Perfect storm. We had a decent team, Pennington had a career year, Brady was hurt, and we really only tied the Patriots and won the tiebreaker … both teams had the same record.

"Why not us" was the team motto that year. Went from 1-15 to 11-5 turnaround. Pennington was exactly what we needed at qb at the time. RIP Tony Sparano. God bless the wildcat and having David Lee on staff that season to help with thise installs. Let the cat out of the bag at New England was super awesome. Great year. Hope to have another year like that sometime in the near future. The AFC East Division Champs shirts I got that year are a little faded and worn out. Could use some new threads like that.

Here is my old hat from 2008
s-l1600.jpg

If I remember correctly people were saying in 2009 we had a shot to do it all over again and go deeper that year we ended up 7-9 after Chad Pennington got injured. I believe we drafted Pat White, Brian Hartline and Patrick Turner in 2009. Boy, we have been through a slew of QB's. 2008 was funnest year to date. Then 2016 came out of nowhere. Ahhh Memories!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Back
Top Bottom