2008 MLB all star game in NY? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 MLB all star game in NY?

Slappy8800

Breathing is the hardest thing to do.
Reaction score
Major League Baseball is expected to award the 2008 All-Star Game to the New York Yankees, who will move from current Yankee Stadium into a new stadium the following year. The Cardinals have not hosted an All-Star Game since 1966 but are expected to receive the 2009 event as reward for their new facility. Next July's game will be played in San Francisco.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/A9DD9AFF3A15CC20862572130016AE84?OpenDocument

sorry if its been posted

Since Shea is closing after 08 to I think that they should do the Home Run Derby and such at Shea and play the All-Star game at Yankee stadium. I know a lot won't agree with me but I think it's a fitting way to close both Stadiums in NY even though I know Yankee Stadium is 20 times more historic in every sense then Shea is!

I'm excited that the ASG is going to be played in the Bronx. The stadium should be honored before they knock it down/close it up.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Since Shea is closing after 08 to I think that they should do the Home Run Derby and such at Shea and play the All-Star game at Yankee stadium. I know a lot won't agree with me but I think it's a fitting way to close both Stadiums in NY even though I know Yankee Stadium is 20 times more historic in every sense then Shea is!
The winner will only hit 6 :lol:

Shea's a dump. I don't think they need to honor it... this is coming from a Mets fan. I would MUCH rather see the ASG in the Mets new stadium in 5-6 years.

finswin56 said:
The winner will only hit 6 :lol:

Shea's a dump. I don't think they need to honor it... this is coming from a Mets fan. I would MUCH rather see the ASG in the Mets new stadium in 5-6 years.

I don't think it would be honoring the stadium as much as I feel it would be the Mets celebrating their memories in it. It was just an idea and let's face it bro, Yankee Stadium is a dump, it's the memories and things that have happened there that makes it what it is!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I don't think it would be honoring the stadium as much as I feel it would be the Mets celebrating their memories in it. It was just an idea and let's face it bro, Yankee Stadium is a dump, it's the memories and things that have happened there that makes it what it is!
True, I just don't think Mets fans get very misty eyed about Shea memories. Theres just no lore. Yankee stadium, dump or not, that place is baseball royalty. Everyone loves to go out to the monuments, but me I'd rather just lay down in the outfield grass thinking about the Babe, Joe D, and Mickey. Shea has nothing remotely close to that... Just Mookie and 1st base :lol:

Back
Top Bottom