2008 New York Yankee Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 New York Yankee Thread

clear.gif

Happy for Goose.

Ok, my Santana thoughts. I would prefer not to give up any of our 3 young arms (Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy) especially since Santana has a no-trade clause and I really think he wants to pitch for NY in the long run. I just dont think he agrees to be traded to Boston or Mets (two most likely outside of Yanks) even if Twins come to him and say they accept one of those packages - I know he says he wants to make sure Twins get the best deal, but something tells me he really just wants to finish up as a TWIN and leave via FA to the Yanks.

What I would love is to trade Damon, Moose, and Farnsworth to Twins for Santana right now. Heck I would pay 100% of their 2008 Salary to make it happen.

Bottomline, I think he will stay with Twins for 2008 and be a FA next year and Yanks will acquire him then, by parting ways with Pettitte and Moose following this 2008 season this sets up a 2009 Rotation of Santana, Wang, Hughes, Kennedy and Chamberlain.

I still think Matsui has a chance to end up in SF before this reg season begins, although I would prefer to move Damon.

We also need better options at 1B, but that could be a 2009 move and we live with Giambi, Duncan, Betemit options at 1B for 2008.

Happy for Goose.

Ok, my Santana thoughts. I would prefer not to give up any of our 3 young arms (Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy) especially since Santana has a no-trade clause and I really think he wants to pitch for NY in the long run. I just dont think he agrees to be traded to Boston or Mets (two most likely outside of Yanks) even if Twins come to him and say they accept one of those packages - I know he says he wants to make sure Twins get the best deal, but something tells me he really just wants to finish up as a TWIN and leave via FA to the Yanks.

What I would love is to trade Damon, Moose, and Farnsworth to Twins for Santana right now. Heck I would pay 100% of their 2008 Salary to make it happen.

Bottomline, I think he will stay with Twins for 2008 and be a FA next year and Yanks will acquire him then, by parting ways with Pettitte and Moose following this 2008 season this sets up a 2009 Rotation of Santana, Wang, Hughes, Kennedy and Chamberlain.

I still think Matsui has a chance to end up in SF before this reg season begins, although I would prefer to move Damon.

We also need better options at 1B, but that could be a 2009 move and we live with Giambi, Duncan, Betemit options at 1B for 2008.

That makes perfect sense if he doesn't want to win a World Series.

question, what would of happened if Mattingly was the coach of the yankees? would he have stepped down?

I happen to like Arod but he clearly doesnt think before he speaks:

"Andy is one of the greatest human beings I've ever met," Rodriguez said. "I have two daughters -- well, I have one and one on the way. If I had a daughter, I would want 'em to marry Andy Pettitte. The age difference might be a little awkward, but in today's day and age anything is possible."

I mean far be it for me to criticize what he says when hes hitting 300-45-120-1000+ ops but really, can he just give Jeter or Wright type answers. "The game was good. he threw me a fastball and I hit it 4000 feet." He really needs some coaching on this.

I happen to like Arod but he clearly doesnt think before he speaks:

"Andy is one of the greatest human beings I've ever met," Rodriguez said. "I have two daughters -- well, I have one and one on the way. If I had a daughter, I would want 'em to marry Andy Pettitte. The age difference might be a little awkward, but in today's day and age anything is possible."

I mean far be it for me to criticize what he says when hes hitting 300-45-120-1000+ ops but really, can he just give Jeter or Wright type answers. "The game was good. he threw me a fastball and I hit it 4000 feet." He really needs some coaching on this.
Gotta be a little tongue in cheek, no?

The Official 2008 New York Yankees Thread

Looking at this forum and not seeing one of these already made up is disheartening. Maybe Hank is wrong about Red Sox Nation...haha.

I love the makeup of this team and believe we'll rise to the top of the AL East again.

I'm headed to the game on March 17th between the Sawx and Yanks, so it should be exciting.

Let's go Yankee fans! Onward to #27!

Jt started a thread for "America's Team" but it fell to the 3rd page. Are Yankees fans not estatic the season is about to begin.

Back
Top Bottom