2008 New York Yankee Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008 New York Yankee Thread

I am. It'll be great to see some young, highly touted rookies in their first full year in the Bigs.

I think we have a better team this year than we've had in past years...enough stars and some--finally--role players like Shelley Duncan, Melky Cabrera, Wilson Betimet, etc.

I think you'll see the Yankees come out much better than in recent years because we're in shape, we realize we can't keep getting behind the eight ball and expecting to win a division. I don't think you'll see so many injuries because the players have come in much better shape than in a very long time with Girardi.

I think our bullpen will be the best it's been in years, especially if Joba stays in that 8th role. Here's hoping to Mussina and Kennedy pitching well enough to keep them there. We have reliable long men in Karstens and Rasners. We have a solid core of 6th, 7th, 8th (middle relief) guys like Chamberlain, Hawkins, Farnsworth, Bruney, Ohlendorf, and maybe some lefties like Igawa and Traber.

The offense will be there. I think Giambi will be much better and much healthier. Have you seen him? He looks in great condition.

The Red Sox will be picked to win...and they should. They're defending the crown and they haven't gotten worse. With that said, I still think we're better. :)

I am. It'll be great to see some young, highly touted rookies in their first full year in the Bigs.

I think we have a better team this year than we've had in past years...enough stars and some--finally--role players like Shelley Duncan, Melky Cabrera, Wilson Betimet, etc.

I think you'll see the Yankees come out much better than in recent years because we're in shape, we realize we can't keep getting behind the eight ball and expecting to win a division. I don't think you'll see so many injuries because the players have come in much better shape than in a very long time with Girardi.

I think our bullpen will be the best it's been in years, especially if Joba stays in that 8th role. Here's hoping to Mussina and Kennedy pitching well enough to keep them there. We have reliable long men in Karstens and Rasners. We have a solid core of 6th, 7th, 8th (middle relief) guys like Chamberlain, Hawkins, Farnsworth, Bruney, Ohlendorf, and maybe some lefties like Igawa and Traber.

The offense will be there. I think Giambi will be much better and much healthier. Have you seen him? He looks in great condition.

The Red Sox will be picked to win...and they should. They're defending the crown and they haven't gotten worse. With that said, I still think we're better. :)

All well said.

The key to the Yanks this year.... Have the starting rotation pitch to their ability and NOT have so many injuries we fall way behind the eight ball too early in the season.

Shelley Duncan has been hitting the cover off the ball in Spring Training. I HOPE he keeps it up and Girardi gets in on the field (at least as a DH)!

Anyone else like to hear a Manager has the players' backs?

We forget that as a player, Girardi's first manager (Don Zimmer) and his last (Tony La Russa) influenced him more than Torre. Both Zimmer and La Russa are known as hotheads, and La Russa, in particular, has a "if you hit one of mine, I will hit two of yours" rep.

"It's not something I want to get into," Girardi said of his retribution philosophy. "I believe you take care of your players."

LINK

Back
Top Bottom