2009 Miami Dolphins Draft: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Miami Dolphins Draft:

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
*This draft is as interesting as it gets for me because we are a team that two seasons was 1-15 and the laughing stock of the league and then just last year went 11-5 and took the division. I think we will have a much better idea of who we will be drafting after free agency rolls around. The positions that I feel we really to look at are Outside Linebacker, Wide Receiver, Inside Linebacker, Center, Cornerback, and Safety. After saying that Bill Parcells loves his Defensive Line so I do not think that position will be ignored.

[Outside Linebacker]

* Matt Roth was adequete for the Dolphins in 08 but we need someone who can get to the Quarterback. Roth plays extremely solid against the run and Charlie Anderson is good for depth purposes but just doesn't do it for me as an every down player. Cameron Wake was brought in and I feel like we did get ourselves a steal in him but I think we will groom him as Joey Porter's eventual replacement. Two guys that really stand out for me are Clint Sintim and Larry English. Sintim plays in Virginia's 3-4 defense so playing our defense would present the ideal transistion from college to pro. Sintim can get to the Quarterback and is a vocal leader. Al Groh is a friend of Parcells and is very keen of Sintim. Larry English is my favorite player in this draft. I think he is worth selecting at #25 but I could see him falling until pick #44 where he would ahve to be the pick. Guys suchas Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews Jr. out of USC intrigue me greatly. Cushing has an injury big history that might keep him off our radar but Clay Matthews is a guy really worth watching.

[Wide Receiver]

The team needs a legitimate #1 receiver. Our overall depth is very solid and we have a player in Davone Bess who will be an elite Slot Receiver. Greg Camarillo is a good 4th option while trhe growth of Teddy Ginn Jr. is a story that bears watching. I think he has grown into the #2 receiver role and made big plays for us all season, especially when it mattered. Hakeem Nicks at #25 is the only scenario I see us drafting receiver. Guys such as Ramses Barden out of Cal. Poly, Brandon Gibson out of Washington State, and Brian Robiskie out of Ohio State are guys worth watching. Barden in particular due his size at 6"7. To me Nicks is the second best receiver in this draft; Sorry Maclin. Nicks doesn't have blazing speed but runs great routes to create seperation and can catch the ball.

[Inside Linebacker]

When we pick at #25 Rey Maualuga will be off the board and I doubt due to his inability to shed blockers that James Laurinaitis is truely in our plans. Karlos Dansby, Bart Scott, and a John Beck for Bobby Carpenter trade are all stories worth watching. Karlos Dansby said he loves South Beach and respected Parcells and I took that as a hint but ultimatly I think the Cardinals will do everything in their power to keep Dansby. Bart Scott said he was interested in playing in Miami and is as good as gone in Baltimore with the Ravens owing Ray Lewis, Jason Brown, and Terrell Suggs monster contracts. I think Rex Ryan becoming the Jet's head coach gives the Jets a legit chance at locking up Bart Scott. Bobby Carpenter has been a bust but so has John Beck and I would love to see this trade made. Channing Crowder is still an option but we have obviously don't think much of him.

At times Samson Satele dominated and at times he was dominated; the bottom line is under-sized to be the Center on this team. I think Satele is a great insurance policy at Guard if Donald Thomas or Justin Smiley have any trouble rehabbing from thier injuries. Alex Mack and Max Unger are the guys who surface at pick #25, possibly pick #44. Both are big, strong guys but I give the edge to Max unger due to his versatility to play four positions along the Offensive line. Antoine Caldwell is a guy in Round 3 who could be an absolute gem.

[Safety]

Both of last years' starters are free-agents. Yeremiah Bell will be a Dolphins in 2009 whether we franchise him or sign him. I think we get a contract done. We need to upgrade over Renaldo Hill and after 3 seasons' I think we can finally write off Jason Allen. William Moore and Louis Delmas are guys in Round 2 to keep an eye on. Free agent wise I would love to see OJ Atogwe as a Dolphins but he will be tagged and Jim Leonard will rework his deal with Baltimore.

[Cornerback]

Will Allen is as good as it gets for my money. Andre Goodman had a good season and will price himself out of Miami. Bryant McFadden is a guy to watch; if he slips away from Pittsburgh we should be all over him.

Play close attention to the Vernon Carey situation. I think we need to bring him back.

In my view I think we will resign Carey and Bell. I think we will get either Dansby or Bart Scott and Chris Canty; to make room for Canty I think Vonnie could be a goner. Than I expect us to sign people to make our middle and bottom roster better​

We dont Need a number 1 WR, we arent loosing games because we dont have one. why wont people get that WR is a luxary, not a need, especially now hat we have good receivers. Cantry isnt that much better than holiday and he wants Kelly money, no way to him. i rather draft Brinkley and get Carpenter than get a Dansby for that money. Scott would be a OK pickup, but i dont like the money he will want. i like burnett, bodden, and would love OJ (i dont see him leaving though) great write up though.

Back
Top Bottom