2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Miami Heat Offseason Thread

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
So seeing that Game 7 ended with a whimper, we are now in the long offseason.

Feel free to post your thoughts on what we should do in FA, the Draft, etc. here!

Lock Wade up long term is my main concern, and I wish we can say bye bye to JO

I believe Udonis is expiring after next season. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't look to move him, hopefully upgrade the SF or even C position.

The Heat are stuck with JO until 2010 most likely.

The question is how much the Heat are willing to take off the capspace in in 2010 to improve next season. As of right now we're gonna have a ton of free cap space in 2010 (50+ mill), basicly we can go hard after whoever we want.

if we could trade haslem and blount in a package for a good small forward that would be nice, how bout haslem and blount, for salmons and one of there power forwards

if we could trade haslem and blount in a package for a good small forward that would be nice, how bout haslem and blount, for salmons and one of there power forwards

I'd rather keep them and let them walk after next season so we can clear as much cap room as we can for 2010.

So in 2010, I almost would rather go after Bosh instead of looking at LeBron.

Don't get me wrong, LeBron in Miami would be awesome, but I think Bosh fits the team better. We've got our #1 scorer in Wade, we just need a dominating inside presence, and I think Bosh would give us that.

So in 2010, I almost would rather go after Bosh instead of looking at LeBron.

Don't get me wrong, LeBron in Miami would be awesome, but I think Bosh fits the team better. We've got our #1 scorer in Wade, we just need a dominating inside presence, and I think Bosh would give us that.

I don't want Lebron. I wanna beat Lebron, preferably in the ECF.

Well the obvious 1st step is to lock up D-Wade...after that the only moves i can foresee this summer are:

- trading haslem for a bonafide SF, or a big man that can be big on the boards...
- acquiring a true pg that can shoot consistently and still give minutes to chalmers...

if those two things arent possible...save up for 2010, hopefully beasley and chalmers will have matured and become that much better, and throw buckets of money at Bosh/Stoudemire...lol...just please no Boozer...

The Miami Heat offseason is about starting the campaign to get Wade to stay. The key components of that sales job are Cook, Beasley, and Chalmers, who have to continue to get better to show Wade that the Heat could be special with the addition of a marquee FA in '10. I'm far from convinced that this was the right strategy and that its a foregone conclusion that Wade will stay and the Heat will be able to draw another star to play along side him. But that's the path Riley has chosen so all we can do is hope the kids improve their game.

i dont think Wade is looking to go anywhere...im sure he's had plenty of conversations with Pat, and they both see where the future is...we got glimpses of what Beasley and Chalmers could do...and with the ability to throw max money around in 2010, lets not forget that its Miami that we're talking about here (no state taxes, beautiful weather, women, a championship caliber organization)...we are gonna bring in another franchise-type player to put next to Dwyane

isnt ben gordon an available small forward? i think he would be great. he is a good outside shooter, consistently. and he always came in the game nailing 3s off the bench, like cook shows sparks of once in a while lately.

small forward? no way, hes way too small bro...he's a two-guard...no way he'd fit on this team...unless we move wade to point full time...which will never happen...

if Lebron came to Miami then Miami would be the next USA team by themselves

Back
Top Bottom