2009 MLB PredictionsW | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 MLB PredictionsW

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
How do you feel this season is going to shake out? Post it here!
Mine:
AL East: Boston
AL Central: Cleveland
AL West: Oakland
AL WC: Tampa

NL East: Mets
NL Central: Cubs
NL West: Giants
NL WC: Philly

WS: Cleveland over Philly

AL East: Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Cleveland Indians
AL West: Los Angeles Angels
AL WC: New York Yankees

NL East: New York Mets :hsmash:
NL Central: Chicago Cubs
NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers
NL WC: Arizona Diamondbacks

WS: Los Angeles Dodgers over Boston Red Sox

I posted this on another baseball forum.

We all know that baseball is the greatest sport in the history of EVER, but what is debatable are season predictions and with the season getting underway tonight with the Braves taking on the World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies; let's get to it!

After browsing over the final roster lineups, position changes, as well as rotations and projected lineups, this is what I've come up with.

AL East
Boston Red Sox 98 - 64
Tampa Bay Rays 94 - 68
New York Yankess 90 - 72
Baltimore Orioles 76 - 86
Toronto Blue Jays 75 - 87

AL Central
Cleveland Indians 85 - 77
Minnesota Twins 79 - 83
Detroit Tigers 76 - 86
Chicago White Sox 75 - 87
Kansas City Royals 71 - 91

AL West
Anaheim Angels 89 - 73
Oakland Athletics 85 - 77
Seattle Mariners 80 - 82
Texas Rangers 73 - 89

NL East
New York Mets 101 - 61
Philadelphia Philles 92 - 70
Florida Marlins 87 - 75
Atlanta braves 85 - 77
Washington Nationals 76 - 86

NL Central
Chicago Cubs 98 - 64
St. Louis Cardinals 85 - 77
Milwaukee Brewers 83 - 79
Cincinatti Reds 80 - 82
Houston Astros 79 - 83
Pittsburgh Pirates 74 - 88

NL West
Los Angeles Dodgers 95 - 67
Arizona Diamondbacks 85 - 77
San Francisco Giants 79 - 83
Colorado Rockies 77 - 85
San Diego Padres 69 - 93

American League MVP: Grady Sizemore
American League Cy Young: Daisuke Matsuzaka
American League ROY: Matt Weiters
American League MOY: Eric Wedge

National League MVP: Manny Ramirez
National League Cy Young: Johan Santana
National League ROY: Cameron Maybin
National League MOY: Joe Torre

Yes, Yankee fans, hate away. There's just too much unknown about this team. I don't care who you are, when you throw as many pitches as CC Sabathia did last season, you're bound to regress some the following season. And this is a guy who really didn't want to come to New York in the first place but let his greed get the best of him. Teixeira is notorious for starting slow to begin the season. It's no secret and the pressures of New York just add to that. I think this season we will really begin to see some serious decline in Derek Jeter's abilities and Alex Rodriguez is already looking forward to 2010. We know he starts out slow and he won't be ready to play until June probably. He'll have a month to swing the bat before the All-Star break and after that, he'll have to get back in the swing of things. I think Alex has a great August and disappears in September. A healthy Chein-Ming Wang helps the rotation out tremendously, though.

The Mets are just too strong in the National League with a better bullpen and an elite closer. But even K-Rod should suffer thru a down year overall. The Cubs will be strong again and should walk away with the Central by mid-August and Manny Ramirez will once again carry the Dodgers on his back and into the playoffs.

I think the Red Sox and Indians do battle in the American League Championship series with the Red Sox moving on, and in the National League I see the Dodgers and Mets getting it on and Manny Ramirez once again doing what he does best and powering the Dodgers into the Series. It's a toss up in the World Series but I'll side with my man Manny once again when he returns to Boston with revenge in his swing. No matter what happens, there's no stopping Manuel Aristides Ramirez Onelcida!

AL East: Boston Red Sox
AL Central: Cleveland Indians
AL West: Los Angeles Angels
AL WC: New York Yankees

NL East: New York Mets :hsmash:

WS: Los Angeles Dodgers over Boston Red Sox

Same World Series I have!

:up:

I think Anaheim is still the team to beat. They lose a lot in K-Rod and Oakland is closing the gap but I don't think they're there just yet.

The NL West I believe is a runaway for the Dodgers. Manny just makes everyone on that team better. It's basically a two-horse race in the West and Manny carried that team LITERALLY to a division title last season and we all know how well Manny plays against division opponents. He always brought his best bat to play the Yankees—not the Blue Jays. He'll do the same against the Diamondbacks.

I think Anaheim is still the team to beat. They lose a lot in K-Rod and Oakland is closing the gap but I don't think they're there just yet.

I don't expect Texas to contend this year, but they are definitely closing the gap on Anaheim as well. Texas already has an outstanding core of young players (Kinsler/Hamilton/Davis/Andrus) and have a lot of other potential impact players (Feliz/Holland/Smoak among others) that should be up by the end of the year. Don't forget, the Rangers have the best farm system in baseball.

AL East: New York Yankees
AL Central: Kansas City Royals
AL West: Oakland A's
AL WC: Tampa Bay Rays

NL East: Atlanta Braves

WS: New York Yankees over Chicago Cubs

AL East: New York Yankees
AL Central: Kansas City Royals
AL West: Oakland A's
AL WC: Tampa Bay Rays

NL East: Atlanta Braves

WS: New York Yankees over Chicago Cubs

You might be a homer if...

You might be a homer if...

It's not outrageous to pick the Yanks. They won 89 games a year ago w/ massive amounts of injuries and medicore starting pitching. I know the SP hasn't looked good so far but if these guys pitch like they can I'm not sure another team has a better starting staff. We know no one has a better closer and w/ Posada & matsui back plus ARod coming back a month or 2 the O should be good. The Sox pick is as much of a homer pick w/o manny for a full season, w/o Schilling for a full season, Grape Ape is getting old and doesn't have Manny around for protection.

No where do I see any one picking the Marlins, just how we like it. And there aint no way the Mets win 101 games. NL East is too tough, I believe the Braves, Marlins, Mets, and Phillies will all be in contention with one team barely emerging at the end of the season. Whoever stays the most healthy will probably win. I hope the Mets lose again, that would make the season along with the Yanks missing as well. Yeah, I don't like the New York anything, they suck, and should all go back North.

No where do I see any one picking the Marlins, just how we like it. And there aint no way the Mets win 101 games. NL East is too tough, I believe the Braves, Marlins, Mets, and Phillies will all be in contention with one team barely emerging at the end of the season. Whoever stays the most healthy will probably win. I hope the Mets lose again, that would make the season along with the Yanks missing as well. Yeah, I don't like the New York anything, they suck, and should all go back North.

I hear that. Anything and everything New York City just flat out SUCKS!

I just hope the M's can win over 60 games. You'd think that wouldn't be too much to ask for.... you'd think....

Back
Top Bottom