2009 NFL Draft Order - Post Super Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 NFL Draft Order - Post Super Bowl

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
2009 NFL Draft Order - Post Week 17

Even though the season is still going on, there is no doubt the 2009 NFL Draft is on your mind. Whether it be because your NFL team is not winning games, or College football games have you excited about the next great player, the draft is a nice thing to think about.

While as of this post there is still a lot of football left both in the NFL and college level, it is never to early to start thinking about those exciting days in April.

In this thread, which will be updated every Tuesday following the week's NFL action, you will see where each team is in the draft order as it would be if the season ended that specific day.

The NFL draft order is determined mainly by record. The team with the worst record picks first all the way down to the Super Bowl winner who picks last. The first tie breaker in determining the draft order is not your normal tiebreaker. Unlike regular season tiebreakers, the main one for the draft is Strength of Schedule. The lower the number, the higher you will pick. For example, if the Ravens and Cardinals both finish the season 7-9 the tie-breaker will be SOS. Lets say the Ravens have a SOS of 0.541 and the Cardinals have a SOS of 0.521. The Cardinals would earn the tie-breaker and pick ahead of the Ravens. If two teams are still tied even after the tie-breaker, there are a few more ways to break the tie. I will note them on the order if need be. The very last tie-breaker(which rarely occurs, but did in 2007) is a coin flip.

So, for those of you who are interested in the draft order for the 2009 draft, go ahead and click on the pdf link below. This will be updated every Tuesday until the after the Super Bowl when the order will be 100% set(of course pending any coin flips if need be).

In addition, I will list below what rounds the Dolphins have in the draft and what exact slot they would be in for each round. Keep in mind though that these slots for round 3-7 are based on the base 224 draft picks. It does not take into account any compensatory picks that will be added in March.

Enjoy! :woot:

Dolphins 2009 Draft

1st Round(25)
2nd Round(44) - From Washington
2nd Round(56)
3rd Round(87)
4th Round(108) - From Oakland
5th Round(161)
6th round(181) - From Oakland
7th Round(214) - From Cleveland
7th Round(237) - From Carolina

Attachments

• 2009 NFL Draft Order.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
#10- MYRON ROLLE S FSU
#42- BRANDON PETTIGREW TE OSU or BRANDON SPIKES ILB
#55- HERMAN JOHNSON G LSU or GENO ATKINS DT
#74- CARLTON MITCHELL WR USF
#107 TONY CARTER DB FSU
#139 ANTONIO DIXON DT UM

#10- MYRON ROLLE S FSU
#42- BRANDON PETTIGREW TE OSU or BRANDON SPIKES ILB
#55- HERMAN JOHNSON G LSU or GENO ATKINS DT
#74- CARLTON MITCHELL WR USF
#107 TONY CARTER DB FSU
#139 ANTONIO DIXON DT UM

i'm not quite sure but.... mmm... are you a noles fan ? :lol:

that being said, myron rolle at #10 would make not sense at all, if we were to choose a safety there a better options that will be available and that is if we are at #10

damn man we need washington to lose!!!!!!

damn man we need washington to lose!!!!!!
Yes we do. This is the third year in a row that we have had an extra second round pick. EVERY year the team that gave us the pick has a great season. I really thought the Washington pick would have been in the top half of the round. It appears I was wrong.

I think our priorities definitely have to be to pick up a LB (Rey M., Cushing, Matthews all of USC, Laurinatis of Ohio State), or a quality D-back or two. I didn't think we would have a shot at sniffing the playoffs this year....we still have a shot, but I think 2009 will be our year.

Back
Top Bottom