• Sweden

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • USA

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • "Other"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a shame that little douche Crosby had to end it, but I'm proud of our team. I'm especially proud of my boy Zach- clutch as all hell, and the future face of the Devils franchise. This stings right now, but it was a great tournament, and I hope it got more people interested in hockey here in the US.

so drunk, so happy, so entertained,

I'm not particularly patriotic, but i like my hockey and i'm proud of what we can do on those skates man, we're the mother****ing best

Fantastic game, both teams gave it all, but in the end the better one prevailed :D

OLÉÉÉÉÉÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ
OOOOOOOOOOOLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooLÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉÉ

i'll find a picture soon bumpus... ;)

Take your time, and find a good one ...

I won't be able to put it up til tomorrow morning anyway.

*chirp, chirp*

Hear that? An entire nation shocked into silence ...
:lol:

luv ya, jt but what a load of crap! - the best team is the team that wins no matter what they look like on paper -

end.of.thread.

FYI

/thread

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

end of thread.

:)

Congrats on your GOLD JT...Miller played well except for that last goal. How out matched did the US look 4 on 4??? Great tournement. Great effort by the US. Very proud.

We looked like we were playing not to lose.

Are you talking about the whole game?? Or just OT. I think we played well during regulation. Canada simply out played us tho. They continously beat us to pucks and caused turnovers in neutral ice.

I thought we played well in regulation, but in OT it seemed like we were out there skating just not to lose, and had no aggression whatsoever.

I thought we played well in regulation, but in OT it seemed like we were out there skating just not to lose, and had no aggression whatsoever.

4-4 spreads out the ice. I think it simply "showed our true colors". A team with more talent will win 99.99999999% of the time with a short ice. But I agree with you OT was not good for us.

Congrats on your GOLD JT...Miller played well except for that last goal. How out matched did the US look 4 on 4??? Great tournement. Great effort by the US. Very proud.

the major factor explaining canada's success in OT is at the blue line.

Canada's defencemen all have tremendous offensive skills while the americans ? hehhhh... not so much (they have some good guys, but overrall the offensive firepower is a lot better on canada's blue line).
You want proof ? check out nhl.com, the stats for defenseman ... i just took a peek and our 6 canadian guys are amongst the top 11 scorers... :jcane:
USA ? They have 1 i think, amongst the top 25 ... :rolleyes2:

Why is it such an advantage ? well, generating an offence in 4 on 4 usually requires a 3rd attacker, a defencemen. (markov, montreal's best player is an offensive defenseman, and when we win in OT it's basically because he's out there taking shots or making magnificient passes near the crease )

Canada's defenders aren't just skilled, they were agressive in the offensive zone and Bab****'s message was clear: Don't be scared to take chances.

when the puck was going to be cleared, they didn't fall back to neutral ice to avoid a rush (like teams with a tied score or have a lead, do) , no they got their nose dirty and often attempted to chip the puck back deep in the corners, take a shot or make a pass ...

that, to me, was the major difference... because when you see guys like kane, parise, kessler, they have legit speed and overrall talent, playing 4 on 4 is their thing... but bruce orpik ? ryan suter ? tim gleason ? Ryan Whitney ? not their forté

both teams have a strong youth movement up front - JT nailed it - the mobility and offensive prowess of the D is where the 4 on 4 turns turned the scales..., Canada looks good in Goal, up front and on D for years to come..., congrats to the USA for making this a difficult contest in the end it could have gone either way... It really could have...

Back
Top Bottom