2011 super bowl logo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 super bowl logo

Phin-O-mania

Banned by Super Modarators
Reaction score
starting in 2011 the super bowl logo will be same design for ever super bowl, and only the roman numerals will change. I think this is complete horsecrap. I always look forward to the new logos and I think having a different and unique logo adds to the game...discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLV

It's certainly more conservative but it doesn't necessarily look bad. Actually, I think it would be interesting if they made the logos feature the Lombardi Trophy and the host stadium while giving artistic freedom to every other aspect.

starting in 2011 the super bowl logo will be same design for ever super bowl, and only the roman numerals will change. I think this is complete horsecrap. I always look forward to the new logos and I think having a different and unique logo adds to the game...discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLV

I don't care what the logo looks like. I just want the Phins to win another one. I was about 8 years old when the Phins last won the Superbowl and I am now in my mid-40's....I dont want to be in my late 70's and wearing diapers in the nursing home when they win their THIRD Superbowl. :lol:

I am so against this new format I can barely stand it. I pray that these people realize how far off the mark they are with this and they scrap it after one year. Where’s the color? Where’s the design? This new logo is so dated and bland, it looks like it belongs in the 70’s. To be “retro” is one thing, but there has to be some sense of style and modern-ness to it. Having a unique logo for each SuperBowl is part of what identifies every one of these games as different and great and sets a mood and excitement for the whole event. They evoke memories and emotions from each game even years after the fact. Conforming every logo to the same uninspired, vanilla format just drags the whole thing down. The bottom line is this: above all, the SuperBowl is a production. It’s about entertainment. Why destroy one of the primary opportunities for marketing and branding for such a major event? Who’s going to buy SuperBowl merchandise if it just looks the same as last year with a different number on it, not to mention bland, unimaginative and colorless? Marketing firms must be burning images of Roger Goodell in effigy today.

I'm actually more upset that the game will be televised by Fox next year and held in the Jones Mahal.

i love it... simple...

i dont need some snazzy colorful all prettied up logo for the superbowl... love that this has the lombardi and is very simplistic...

First time a stadium has been picked with a logo on it!

I'm cool with them keeping this logo as long as they provide us with football the following year.

That's a fair deal!

Back
Top Bottom