2014 HOF Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 HOF Game

If Seantrel Henderson is their starting left tackle Emanuel will not last 3 games. OV should be licking his chops.

Henderson looked very good, in fact excellent. Much more natural at left tackle than at right tackle, where he played in college. For some reason he didn't want to play left tackle in college, believing he wasn't a good fit.

I think he'll comparatively struggle if Buffalo shifts him to the right side, which apparently is the plan once Cordy Glenn returns. But I can understand it from Buffalo's perspective because Cyrus Kouandjio indeed looked very poor tonight. Lousy use of his hands, like a punch drunk fighter who can't remember he's supposed to keep his hands up. Kouandjio did improve late in the game against weaker competition. I was stunned it took so long for Collinsworth to point out how poorly he had played.

Henderson was so impressive Buffalo took him out late in the second quarter, knowing he had already demonstrated enough. Kouandjio, in contrast, was left out there for the entirety. There was a dramatic dropoff on the left side when Henderson departed. In fact, the replacement often looked like Dallas Thomas in preseason last year.

It's still difficult to believe a talent on Henderson's level was available in the 7th round. Marijuana use is prevalent among Canes football players, for some reason. Heck, the projected starting quarterback Olsen was suspended a few days ago for the same thing. Storm Johnson was forced to transfer to UCF for that reason.

The Bills defense was quite familiar. Lots of attacking linemen getting into the backfield quickly. Tonight the replacement linebackers were effective.

Manuel needs to be their answer because Hassib is going to be a disappointment with that bizarre release.

manuel made two terrible reads and thru the ball right to the opposition but they dropped it...i sense a lot of read option in the playbook cause those reads were as basic as it gets and he still screwed them up...i feel bad for victor cruz hes gonna see a ton of extra attention every week coverage schemes wise cause outside of preparing for those two banging rams rbs that's the only player the opposition has to worry about...double cruz all day long

manuel made two terrible reads and thru the ball right to the opposition but they dropped it...i sense a lot of read option in the playbook cause those reads were as basic as it gets and he still screwed them up...i feel bad for victor cruz hes gonna see a ton of extra attention every week coverage schemes wise cause outside of preparing for those two banging rams rbs that's the only player the opposition has to worry about...double cruz all day long
That has been Manuel's problem all along. He is a great kid with tons of physical talent but he can't read defenses. He couldn't at FSU and he can't now. He is really smart just not football smart. I don't know if that can be taught? Even as a Bill, I want him to succeed but just don't see it unless the coaches make all of the reads. When he is reacting and playing sand lot, he is outstanding. He just can't grasp the big picture.

That has been Manuel's problem all along. He is a great kid with tons of physical talent but he can't read defenses. He couldn't at FSU and he can't now. He is really smart just not football smart. I don't know if that can be taught? Even as a Bill, I want him to succeed but just don't see it unless the coaches make all of the reads. When he is reacting and playing sand lot, he is outstanding. He just can't grasp the big picture.

i think he's a bust frankly...and yeah he can't read the field...geno smith and manuel are crap qbs

:lol:

I literally remember NOTHING about the game itself. *hiccup*

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again, the drafting of EJ Manuel and Geno Smith by the Bills and Jets respectively was the best thing to happen to the Dolphins in the draft last year. For the next 3 or so years we won't have to worry about either of those teams being any good. Unfortunately, we could not take advantage of that last year (though we still haven't played EJ... the man we couldn't beat was... Thad Lewis). As far as potential to win the division title, it's us vs. the Pats probably til Brady retires, though of course we are pretty far behind the Pats as usual. That doesn't mean that we'll always finish ahead of those two teams (as evidenced last year with the Jets, and the fact that we couldn't beat the Bills), but unless the Jets D and running game is as effective as it was for buttfumble's first year, Geno Smith will not lead his team to the playoffs. And I feel like the Bills have more talent than the Jets but worse coaching and secondary. We all know how good their d-line is, they've got good RBs, and Watkins will give them big play potential. All that combined with the overall uncertainty in that organization right now means that we will be the only other one in the AFC East with the potential to go to the playoffs for the next 3 or so years.

Back
Top Bottom