2018 Nfl Draft: Is Kyle Lauletta The Dolphins’ Answer At Quarterback?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DKphin, Apr 5, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]
    http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-lauletta-the-dolphins-answer-at-quarterback/

2. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

I like Lauletta a lot.

3. SCOTTY

SCOTTY A True Fan

Don't know much about him, why do you like him? In what round? Nothing really interesting from what I can study on him. He played for Richmond so against very poor defenses. Accuracy ok but it's not like he lit it up 63%. Seemed to throw a bunch of ints 35 or 3% of attempts. Also took a lot of sacks 65. Im just a number cruncher so i admit I could be missing stuff but if you can let me know I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    I'm trying to get comfortable with the 2nd tier qbs. I prefer Falk. I know white is in the discussion but I think he is a pud.

4. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

He would be my ideal pick in the 3rd round.

5. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP

Take him in the 3rd round, go home happy....has leadership intangibles that you can't coach (plus, you can't discount that "chip on the shoulder" mentality)...seems to be the real deal, as far as "under-the-radar" types go.

Would be my ideal choice for QBs this draft...definitely my #1 choice, since I don't think any of the "big names" are falling to us at #11.

fininpsl likes this.
  6. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan Donator

His numbers are actually very similar to Jimmy Garoppolo's, who threw 50 ints in his career, and was sacked 90 times in his career with 400 more attempts than Lauletta. I think more or less he impressed people the week of the Senior bowl. His stock seems to have jumped since then. I thought he looked good in the practices there myself. Looked like a better prospect than Lee or Benkert to me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    CedarPhin likes this.
  7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I think just his feet, the balance, and the speed of his process remind me of Garoppolo with the primary difference there being that Jimmy had to operate at blinding speed because that's the offense Dino Babers was running for them back then...like Art Briles but even faster.

I think other people are going for the Jimmy Garoppolo comparison because they're from FCS and they're of a size with one another.

8. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

I like the footwork, ability to get the ball out quickly, the accuracy touch. Not a strong arm but I think he can be a Pennington type and win you games.

9. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I try not to get too excited over a player I've only watched in one or two games. He looked good in the Senior Bowl, but I get the feeling he's going to be overhyped and drafted erlier than he should be. He could work out, which can be said about any pick, but I'm not sold he's going to me more than a mid level backup in the NFL.

10. fastball83

fastball83 Seasoned Veteran

Simple question for all here because I am from French and I can't see them played.
    Do you think Lauletta is better QB than Falk or Rudolph and Why?
    To end, does dolphins staff meet him or invited him for work out like they did with Falk and Jackson ?