Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by DKphin, Nov 30, 2017.
I'm not sure that's very realistic. I think Roquan Smith is potentially a top 15 player and Jarrett Stidham could be a 2nd/3rd rounder. I like James and he should be in Miami's range, but Harrison on Alabama might actually be a better fit for Miami's defense.
Those mid rounders are solid. Scarbrough would be a nice complement to Drake.
2 years ago I was watching a UTSA game, it was either a Thursday or Saturday night game. The team wore their Dark Colored Jersey’s and immediately fell in love with the “Roadrunner” team name and emblem. I searched online for a chance to purchase a tee shirt after seeing a fan in the stands wearing a really cool shirt. I eventually found the school store a bought 2. I try to keep up with the team and absolutely love Marcus Davenport. He stood out in the 3 games I’ve been able to watch on tv over the last 2 years. Looks like he’s got enormous potential to be a hybrid LB/DE in the NFL. As for this mock draft it’s solid from top to bottom and if this was who Miami eventually select, I’d be very pleased. Great mock!!!
My fear is the front office will not select a true FS because they have two SS signed and believe a safety is a safety and interchangeable. I have zero faith in tannebaum.
I hear you. I wanted a safety last year as the draft was loaded at the position. Jones and McDonald are physical, but I'd love to see a true free safety who can make more plays in the passing game. Agree with you I don't think the FO will view this as a priority.
Larry Allen's kid didn't play this year and wasn't even enrolled at Harvard. Not sure what was going on but he's not very good anyway in my opinion.
Another SS? We need more range at safety IMO. A true free safety
I know we have $$ invested in Jones & TMc but wouldn't Fitzpatrick be a perfect compliment? He could be ball hawk CF and Jones could play in box where he is best. We could play big Nickel.. Jones measurebales are similar to the other Jones kid in Atlanta
I like most of those guys but the fits don't match the value.
1. James - don't need another SS ... especially that high. Fitzpatrick would work here.
2. Smith can play but he's a little guy. He'd be a ROLB here ... which is where Kiko and that awful contract are stuck. Do we bench that much $ or do we bench a 2nd rounder? Don't love those choices.
3. Yes please ... although he could slide with that lean frame. There's a very realistic chance that teams will expect him to put on 40-50 lbs in the NFL. Can he carry it?
4. Yes please ... although I like what I've seen of Brendel.
4. Do it. Injuries are a concern but talk about bowling ball of butcher knives.
6. Yes ... a million times yes.
7. Not so much. Developmental QB here makes sense with this draft.
Now how I would do it but I like some of those picks.