2018 Nfl Draft: Miami Dolphins Need Te Mike Gesicki’s Impact Immediately | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Nfl Draft: Miami Dolphins Need Te Mike Gesicki’s Impact Immediately

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Tight end Mike Gesicki joins the Dolphins as a second-round pick. (Getty Images)
It won’t take much for new Dolphins tight end Mike Gesicki to be considered a success. He might have extraordinary expectations, but the franchise’s standards at his position have been dangerously low for years.
As the tight ends have grown increasingly important in passing attacks league-wide, the Dolphins have been way behind. Their most recent failed experiments were Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron, and drafting Gesicki in the second round at No. 42 was a desperate attempt to finally find a long-term answer at the position.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ins-need-te-mike-gesickis-impact-immediately/

Could be an EPIC pic.

The kid has the upside if ??? he's ready to seriously PARTY in the N F L.

50 catches for 500/600 yds and 5 TDs will satisfy me.
I'd take that production.

This has been a position of need for so long, I'm not sure I can handle success at it.....but it would be fun to try!

I love his talent and upside, but he has to learn how to run better routes. Too many times he just stays covered because he looks so raw with the way he runs routes and sets up moves. The great thing is, that even when he is covered, he has such great body control when he is in the air and when the ball is in the air that he makes the catch anyway. If he can refine his route running technique, the sky is the limit for him.

I haven’t been this excited about a TE in Miami since Keith Jackson. I know TE is not an easy position to have an instant impact in the NFL, so my expectations aren’t crazy for this season. I would be shocked if he doesn’t finish this season as the starter, and surpass Thomas production last season. He is just too naturally gifted with the size, speed, and all the measurable, and was a force at a major school in a major conference, to not have an impact.

If this kid can't get north of 500 with Tanbehill and guru Gase we're in big big trouble unless Parker goes for 2,000 and Stills 1500. No effing excuse.

I saw Jackson play for us in the Marino years and man he was good but this kid has the potential to be just as good. I just hope they actually get him involve early and often. It's nice that at last we drafted a good young TE early.

When was the last time we had a TE like this that could stretch the field by being a legitimate seam threat? It is exciting that finally the Dolphins have come in from the cold at this position, but remember, he's a rookie and will go through his growing pains.....no pressure.

He COULD be our Gronk. They are similar in skill set but Gronk, right now, is a better route runner. Pure athleticism is fairly even. They both have that chip on their shoulder that I like, both Alpha personalities, loads of confidence and they WANT the ball. He's obviously not going to put up Gronk numbers as a rookie (unless we're damn lucky - then he's ORoY).

Excited to see some two te sets.
I can't wait to see some two TE sets and actually target Smythe from time to time when the defense is expecting Gesicki to be the target. Smythe will show that he's a much better receiver than given credit for

Super true though we could use more 12-15 tds from the tight end set just to keep up with Jones. 16 games a year 3 4 tds a game needed at least. Stills, Parker get banged up alot and I believe our old zone catcher Laundry had 9 last year alone.

I can't wait to see some two TE sets and actually target Smythe from time to time when the defense is expecting Gesicki to be the target. Smythe will show that he's a much better receiver than given credit for

The sets this season could be nuts. We have 5 WRs that could make a case to be on the field every down. Then 2-3 TE sets, and drake can line up as WR. Gase better get creative and keep things fresh. There is no longer a reason to run the same WE screen 10x a game.

Back
Top Bottom