2018 NFL Draft: Why Miami Dolphins should consider LB Tremaine Edmunds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 NFL Draft: Why Miami Dolphins should consider LB Tremaine Edmunds

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20171104_aml_mtr_110517-um-football-takes_mgs_36.jpg

It’s rare that NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock can’t think of a fair comparable for a player.
This is the case with Virginia Tech linebacker Tremaine Edmunds.
“That’s the definition of unique, there is only one of them,” Mayock said of Edmunds.
The Dolphins need a linebacker who can play the run and the pass and occasionally rush the passer. They could really use a linebacker to pair with veteran Kiko Alonso and youngster Raekwon McMillan.
And more than anything, Miami needs to select an impact player with the 11th overall pick in the NFL Draft. Edmunds is a rare combination of size (6-foot-5, 253 pounds) and speed (4.54 in the 40-yard dash, which was nearly as fast as the smaller Roquan Smith).
And perhaps most intriguing about Tremaine, son of former Dolphins tight end Ferrell Edmunds, is his age.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...dolphins-should-consider-lb-tremaine-edmunds/

I don’t see him getting past the 49 ers selection..but I love t.he player

Love this kid. That size, speed, age combination makes him a marvel. It just doesn’t come around that often, especially at such a glaring position of need for the Fins.

If we’re lucky enough to draft him, I pray that Miami pulls the trigger and he’s an anchor and cornerstone on defense for many years to come. Here’s to hoping!

Last edited:
This is where a Buffalo-San Fran swap could really help us. (Aside from hoping Buffalo's QB busts)

I could see Oakland going another way considering their best player is a LB. Although you could also understand the value of potentially placing Edmunds next to said superstar LB.

It never fails, no matter what pick we have (or any fan of any team) we always want the guys projected to go 3-4 picks before ours.

I don't see him getting past San Fran AND Oakland......but if he does...He needs to be the pick

If he's on the board you run the card up immediately. Same with Roquan.

I have a feeling both will be gone though. Bears, Niners, Raiders all serious threats. I think one of those teams takes Fitzpatrick. We need the QB craziness to knock Chubb or Nelson down far enough that one of the backers fall. If four QBs go in the top 5, then maybe Buffalo or Arizona panic and move up for Jackson.

If all of those players are gone though, then Derwin James is on the board and he's the pick.

This is where a Buffalo-San Fran swap could really help us. (Aside from hoping Buffalo's QB busts)

I could see Oakland going another way considering their best player is a LB. Although you could also understand the value of potentially placing Edmunds next to said superstar LB.

It never fails, no matter what pick we have (or any fan of any team) we always want the guys projected to go 3-4 picks before ours.
Buffalo wants one of the top 4 Qb’s you would have to get minimum to pic 5 to get one. So if buffalo is trading is with Cleveland at 4 because the giants already showed their hand by not taking the jets 3 second round picks. And Denver wants a qb as well.

Buffalo wants one of the top 4 Qb’s you would have to get minimum to pic 5 to get one. So if buffalo is trading is with Cleveland at 4 because the giants already showed their hand by not taking the jets 3 second round picks. And Denver wants a qb as well.
I believe the 49ners will take Edmunds.

He's probably Miami's top choice if he's there. I'm not sure Smith is the second linebacker on their list, but I do think he has a good chance to be there at #11.

Vea is a big possibility as well. Losing Suh is a big hit. Bad salary, but Suh was productive and durable. My question is what linebackers will be there in round two if Miami takes Vea?

Back
Top Bottom