Reaction score
@nick1

2018 Record: 10-6
Playoffs:
yes
Defensive Player Of The Year: Robert Quinn
Offensive Player Of The Year: Ryan Tannehill
Rookie Of The Year: Mike Gesicki

Brief Statement: The return of Tannehill will make a world of difference on offense. He is everything I foolishly hoped Cutler could bring. Stability to the offense. He will have an improved offensive line and maybe the best running game of his career behind him. The defense will be opportunistic with turnovers and sacks. Robert Quinn should regain form and be top 5 in sacks. I would like to say we win the division with Brady falling off finally but I'll settle for a wildcard and a playoff win

_______

@NY8123

2018 Record: 10-6
Playoffs: Yes
Brief Statement: Finally we have a QB again. Tannehill shakes off the rust and returns to form and leads a much improved offense. Drake gives us a good running game and the offense that ran through the slot becomes more balanced. Gesicki quickly becomes a red zone threat and he and Ryan click giving Miami a much improved TD to Red Zone ratio. On the defensive side of the ball free agent signing Robert Quinn leads the way for an improved but still struggling defense. Corner and linebacker play will remain a concern and at times the old porous defense shows up but over the year it gels and becomes much improved with contributions from McMillian and Fitzpatrick increasing as the season wears on.

______

@DisturbedShifty

2018 Record: 8-8
Playoffs: No
Offensive Player Of The Year: Danny Amendola
Rookie Of The Year: Minkah Fitzpatrick
Brief Statement: I have no meaningful insight. Just going off of gut instinct based on the schedule and how the starters preformed in the third pre-season game.

____

@Buddy

2018 Record: 11-5
Playoffs:
Yes
Brief Statement: I think we win a few close/lucky games to start the year but it boosts our confidence as the team gets in synch. We score early and often and Wake/Quinn feast as a result, both making the pro bowl. We go 5-1 in the AFC East and challenge NE to the end and win in the Wild Card round.

____

@phins_4_ever

Defensive Player Of The Year: Minkah Fitzpatrick
Offensive Player Of The Year: Kenyan Drake
Brief Statement: I am a little more skeptic this year than I was last year. Technically we should be able to score at will. Tannehill has probably the most talented offense around him since he joined the Dolphins but unless we are using the tools available to us we will remain a low scoring offense. I put my hope into the run game with our 1-2 punch of Gore/Drake and hope that Gesicki will have a breakout year (if he is being used properly).

_____

@Gonzo

Defensive Player Of The Year: Xavien Howard
Brief Statement: I think the offense will be fine so long as Tannehill is healthy and Gase actually uses the weapons he has (unlike Drake for much of last year). I think they are good enough to keep us in games. Unfortunately, the defense took a big hit at DT and the LB unit probably still sucks. I'm also not sold yet on the CBs outside of Howard and Fitzpatrick (when he lines up there). I predict they give us hope through most of the season, but not too much. We go into the final 5 games with a chance at the playoffs and then get to play the Pats, at Minnesota, and the Jags. And they'll probably lose one or both to the Bills, because that's what this team does, particularly when it matters most.

__

@uk_dolfan

2018 Record: 8-8 (up from 7-9 last year)
Playoffs: Nope
Defensive Player Of The Year: Xavien Howard
Rookie Of The Year: Mike Gesicki (one handed catches are remembered more than td saving tackles)
(not-so) Brief Statement:
If his knee holds up Tannehill has the best statistical season of his career. If he stays healthy and is given enough carries Drake has 10 tds, 1000 yards rushing and catches loads of passes. The OL isnt as bad as previous years and both Smythe and Gesicki have good rookie years. Its an effective and pretty fun to watch O.

However, I think the season will be undermined by a consistently shaky D. An average DT group and a poor LB core will cause problems against the run all season long. Burke could well be fired at the end of season, but perhaps fingers should be pointed at those who built a flawed defensive roster.

If we stay healthy, Tannehill plays like he did under Gase in 2016 and we get some luck 1 or 2 extra wins isn't impossible.

**** Jay Cutler

____

@Bumpus

2018 Record: 9-7
Playoffs: No, just miss
Defensive Player Of The Year: My bartender in the 4th quarter
Offensive Player Of The Year: My bartender in the 1st half
Rookie Of The Year: Fitzpatrick
Brief Statement:
-Our offense will be vastly improved. Tannehill returns, O-line improved, freelancers gone, etc ...
-The downside is that our defense will be noticeably worse, even with the addition of Fitzpatrick.
The $64,000 question is: Will the offense being better, offset the defense being worse? I believe it will, but not by a lot. Last year I had us at 8-8, this season I believe we'll be a game better. Getting there, but a little ways still to go. Fingers crossed for DT/LB help in the 2019 Draft.

Back
Top Bottom