2018: The No Name Team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018: The No Name Team?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was at the pro shop the other day after attending the Dolphins Family Fest event and was struck by the names on the jerseys for sale. The Dolphins have almost no marketable players. No wonder SNF and MNF weren't interested in giving the Dolphins even a single game. The only "name" player jerseys they had for sale were Tannehill and Wake. The other jerseys?

Amendola
Howard
Drake
I think they even had a McCain jersey

They might have had a Stills jersey too, but I didn't notice a Reshad Jones jersey which was surprising.

The point being, the team will have a heck of a time marketing players as all the "stars" were purged this offseason.

Stars don't make a team, but obviously good teams do tend to have a handful of stars. Does this mean the Dolphins are devoid of talent? I don't think so, but it does mean they need to develop some young players into stars. Howard and Drake do have potential to get some more name power this season. Perhaps Raekwon McMillan if he comes on strong, but the rest of the stable doesn't seem as promising.

Could this cause Tannenbaum to make a big swing at star power in the draft? That makes me a bit nervous...

I was at the pro shop the other day after attending the Dolphins Family Fest event and was struck by the names on the jerseys for sale. The Dolphins have almost no marketable players. No wonder SNF and MNF weren't interested in giving the Dolphins even a single game. The only "name" player jerseys they had for sale were Tannehill and Wake. The other jerseys?

Amendola
Howard
Drake
I think they even had a McCain jersey

They might have had a Stills jersey too, but I didn't notice a Reshad Jones jersey which was surprising.

The point being, the team will have a heck of a time marketing players as all the "stars" were purged this offseason.

Stars don't make a team, but obviously good teams do tend to have a handful of stars. Does this mean the Dolphins are devoid of talent? I don't think so, but it does mean they need to develop some young players into stars. Howard and Drake do have potential to get some more name power this season. Perhaps Raekwon McMillan if he comes on strong, but the rest of the stable doesn't seem as promising.

Could this cause Tannenbaum to make a big swing at star power in the draft? That makes me a bit nervous...

I disagree with 'promising.' There are a number of those players on the team. Miami needs 2-3 to fulfill that promise

I disagree with 'promising.' There are a number of those players on the team. Miami needs 2-3 to fulfill that promise

Who are those players? IMO, the young guys with potential to become "name" players in the NFL right now are only Xavien Howard, Drake and Raekwon McMillan. Who are the others?

Back
Top Bottom