2019 East-west Shrine Game: Ten Nfl Draft Prospects To Watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 East-west Shrine Game: Ten Nfl Draft Prospects To Watch

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The 2018 Shrine Game produced a number of draft picks who made impressions in the NFL this season, including DL P.J. Hall (a Round 2 pick of the Oakland Raiders), S Tracy Walker (Round 3, Detroit Lions), WR DaeSean Hamilton (Round 4, Denver Broncos), LB Kenny Young (Round 4, Baltimore Ravens), CB Avonte Maddox (Round 4, Philadelphia Eagles), RB Chase Edmonds (Round 4, Arizona Cardinals), DL Bilal Nichols (Round 5, Chicago Bears) and RB Justin Jackson (Round 7, Los Angeles Chargers). And even though he wasn't selected in the 2018 NFL Draft, DL Poona Ford contributed in Year 1, earning steady playing time for the Seattle Seahawk

Of course, the most high-impact player from last year's Shrine Game ended up being Phillip Lindsay, who went from undrafted signee to breakout star of the Denver Broncos, rushing for 1,037 yards and making the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

So, who are the top prospects in this year's Shrine Game? With practices going on all week in St. Petersburg, Florida, and the game set for Saturday at Tropicana Field at 3 p.m. ET (live on NFL Network), here are 10 players to keep an eye on (presented in alphabetical order):

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-shrine-game-ten-nfl-draft-prospects-to-watch

I wrote down a bunch of players that flashed for me. I have no idea how to evaluate OL or much of the DL or linebackers tbh :) But the player that most impressed me was Jordan Brailford a edge rusher out of OSU. That kid was everywhere, played in the 91 jersey reminded me at times of our own 91. Thought Justin Hollins (DE) Oregon was pretty impressive too, he is my list of others that I thought flashed:

Brett Rypien (QB) Boise - Accurate but up and down, wouldn't draft.
Jesper Horsted (WR) Princeton - Think he's going to play baseball though.
Jamal Custis (WR) Stanford
Ty Johnson (RB) Maryland
BJ Blount (LB) - ???
Terry Godwin (WR) - Georgia
Matt Betts (DL?) - Somehwere in Canada :)
? Wilkins (CB) - USF
? Poindexter (WR) - Arizona ?
Darrin Hall (RB) - Pitt
Easton Stick (QB) - NDSU

Not saying I would draft any of them, but thought these guys got themselves noticed. Think Brailford and Hollins in particular though are worthy of further analysis, I'm sure Slimm will know all about them, will have to check his posts.

Two highest graded players I had attending the Shrine Game were Terry Godwin and Justin Hollins. I think both ended up winning offensive and defensive players of the game awards.

Ty Johnson has always been an underrated prospect and under utilized at Maryland. Same with Ozigbo at Nebraska.

Josh Miles was stellar all week, and stellar in the game. Tremendous OL prospect.

The 6-foot-6 Miles also added weight to his body and his workouts. He checked into preseason camp at 310 pounds this summer, and he proceeded to break the team's power-clean record and increase the amount of weight he could squat to 620 pounds. To top it off, Miles ranked among the team's elite in the standing broad jump and vertical leap, both of which measure an athlete's explosiveness.

"I put in a lot of work to improve myself," Miles said. "It was a very rough year for me and put a lot of things into perspective."

Morgan State interim head coach Ernest Jones said that while it was immediately evident how much the team had missed Miles when he opened his senior year in the starting lineup against Towson Sept. 1, his leadership and influence on younger players might have been what the team missed most.

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2018...-year-ot-josh-miles-a-pillar-for-morgan-state

Back
Top Bottom