40. Levonta Taylor / Florida St. / 5'9", 176

41. DeMarkus Acy / Missouri / 6'0", 195

42. Essang Bassey / Wake Forest / 5'9", 191

43. Josh Norwood / West Virginia / 5'10", 174

44. Grayland Arnold* / Baylor / 5'9", 186

45. Keith Washington / West Virginia / 6'0", 175

46. Rojesterman Farris / Hawaii / 5'11", 179

47. Myles Bryant / Washington / 5'8", 183

Appropriate fall for Dantzler, I'm sorry to say.

Agree with your Top 2, and I also have Fulton at 4. I'm higher on Terrell, but I agree with almost all of the groupings, and I do feel better seeing that you have Diggs in a lower range.

Appropriate fall for Dantzler, I'm sorry to say.

Agree with your Top 2, and I also have Fulton at 4. I'm higher on Terrell, but I agree with almost all of the groupings, and I do feel better seeing that you have Diggs in a lower range.

Honestly if you go back and look at the tape on Dantzler in the context of the poor numbers he put up at the combine, it all checks out. He was awful outside of defending poorly thrown fades in the endzone by a true freshman quarterback like Brian Maurer - and I watched Terrell Buckley coach him up on that one prior to the game in DB drills. They knew it was coming.

I don't trust Diggs at all. Won't tackle. Poor football IQ.

If anybody can watch that LSU tape and come away with the impression that's a 1st round pick....have at it. He was singled out in games and picked on just like Savion Smith was the year before. Diggs never had an answer. Just took it. Didn't compete.

Diggs isn't missing a single thing physically that prevents him from being the best CB in any league at any level. But if Nick can't get you to play to your potential after 4 years in the program after literally having his hands on you daily - I have little inclination to believe anybody else is going to.

Guys like Jeudy, Ruggs, Wills, McKinney, etc.... all played in the bowl game. Diggs is one who decided to sit out. I'm not sure why. But nobody missed him.

I'm extremely disappointed in Trevon Diggs. He'll probably be a pro bowler in the NFL.

Thank you for taking the time to make the list. I really appreciate it. I just have one request and one question. My request is that I don't know much about Harrison Hand from Temple. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to provide a scouting report on him or to refer me to a website that has a good report on him. My question is how much, if any, did Terrell's bad bowl game affect his ranking? Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to make the list. I really appreciate it. I just have one request and one question. My request is that I don't know much about Harrison Hand from Temple. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to provide a scouting report on him or to refer me to a website that has a good report on him. My question is how much, if any, did Terrell's bad bowl game affect his ranking? Thanks.

The game against LSU is a factor, but not anymore of a factor than any other game. However, what it did was isolate a few things in regards to A.J. Terrell. He's almost a spitting image of his former teammate at CB that played opposite of him the year before in Trayvon Mullen, who was drafted in the 2nd round. I liked Mullen a little better than I do A.J. Terrell. Terrell is a little more stiff and doesn't flip his hips and transition as smoothly as Mullen. But Terrell can match him in terms of physicality and ball skills. Terrell is more of a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade for me, Mullen is just smoother and less rigid on film to me.

Harrison Hand is an explosive tackler that won't hesitate to come up and lay the wood. Probably the best tackling corner in the draft, which is one reason why I'm so high on him. Although I'd prefer him as more of a C2 corner where he can play a lot of zone - similar to Ronde Barber. Although Hand is bigger and faster than Ronde Barber was. Hand may not be a fit for every team, especially teams that like to play a lot of man coverage. I just like him a lot as a football player. Might even play safety.

Thanks, Slimm. Who are the corners who you think are most likely to make the transition to safety? With the free agent signing of Jones, I don't think Miami looks corner early.

The slow ones if they can tackle. But it's a completely different world at safety. You have to know everyone else's job and communicate alignments. Lot more film study involved.
Between Winfield and McKinney who do you like better? More specifically, which player is a better fit for Miami?

With the big investment in Byron Jones I have curtailed my interest in CB.

Miami may take a Day 3 CB, remember Flores is a secondary guy, but I can't see them using a pick in R 1-3 on the position.

Gladney and Arnette were 2nd round types I liked when I thought Miami might target one there.

I think Igbinoghene is being underrated in a lot of places.

Good, solid list not too many quibbles.

Looking forward to the safeties.

With the big investment in Byron Jones I have curtailed my interest in CB.

Miami may take a Day 3 CB, remember Flores is a secondary guy, but I can't see them using a pick in R 1-3 on the position.

It's still a premium position and a pretty good group in 2020. If you have just a couple of Top 40 grades left on the board at 39, and one is a CB, I think you have to consider him. In general, I wouldn't let my current roster chase me off talent at premium positions.

Say Miami drafts Fulton at 39 and he develops into a great player. They can either have 3 stud CB's or trade Howard and get his contract off the books. Both are appealing options imo.

I think OT and WR take priority - and of course QB - but CB is one of the stronger positions in 2020, and you really should want to be as good as possible at CB.

Who are the corners who you think are most likely to make the transition to safety? With the free agent signing of Jones, I don't think Miami looks corner early.

I think Bryce Hall could do it. He has more of a square build and is a physical in-your face type with plenty of smarts and ball skills. Definitely try him at cornerback but if he's lost something due to the injury then transition to safety shouldn't be a problem. I think he'll eventually end up there.

Thanks for the list Slimm.Just the other day I must have went through the 1st 3 pages in the draft forum looking for your updated ranking.
You can just never have too many CB's in the NFL nowadays.
Curious to know why Reggie Robinson II is not in your rankings?

Thanks for the list Slimm.Just the other day I must have went through the 1st 3 pages in the draft forum looking for your updated ranking.
You can just never have too many CB's in the NFL nowadays.
Curious to know why Reggie Robinson II is not in your rankings?

I project him more at safety than corner. Just way too stiff.

Again, he’s another kid that I think is either purely a C2 type corner or a safety. He has speed. He’s just stiff in his hips.

Deion Sanders makes note of this every year at the combine during DB drills but I don’t think many people pick up on it - when you’re watching tape of these kids and you see corners out there with their butt turned toward the sideline, the coach doesn’t trust him. He’s stiff.

You’re going to see this with at minimum 50% of the corners you evaluate in any given year if you pay attention. No backpedal and butt turned toward the sideline. He’s expecting that safety to help inside because he’s either stiff, slow, or both.

Pay attention to how many CB’s you see square up against receivers and backpedal with their first move swiveling those hips inside toward the hashes and transitioning to turn and run. These are the kids with the hips and fluidity to stick em out there and play corner. You can trust them on an island.

You’ll be able to count em on both hands and still have a few fingers left when you’re done. These are the kids that have a chance to experience success in the NFL at corner and can be trusted in various man coverage situations. Which is mostly the style the NFL prefers.

Then follow that up by watching the DB drills at the combine and you’ll realize and confirm why you saw what you did in your tape study.

I think QB is the only position that is harder to play in the NFL than Corner.

Really good ones are hard to find and I would certainly take one if he was the best value on the baord.

I just think Miami has enough needs that there will be options when they pick.

But I would not be unhappy adding a CB, you can never have enough.

Back
Top Bottom