2020 Miami Dolphins players previews: Isaiah Ford | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Miami Dolphins players previews: Isaiah Ford

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Wondering if he makes the roster this year? He showed up a lot more toward the end of last season. Ford was crucial in some drives against NE keeping us in that game, moving the chains. While not the fastest guy, good route running and height. He even earned some praise by Belichick, although we know how Bill likes to throw up smoke screens in his pressers. Prior to the game Bill praised him, did not mention DeVante. While Devante was crucial that game, it was Ford who helped push the dagger in on the last drive.

I like Ford but if its between him and Hurns as the 4th wideout/injury replacement player I think Hurns gets the nod. Whether he sticks around depends a lot on how much the undrafted rookies and Jennings flash in camp.

That being said it would not shock me at all if he becomes the Patton/Givens/Amendola type and thrives either with Tua in Miami or somewhere else with an elite QB.

Going to be an interesting battle at wide receiver. This is one area on the team that could be a strength or a weakness depending, to a large degree, on injuries.

I like Ford, but I'm interested to see what Perry could add and maybe Merritt as well.

Ford kind of reminds me of a taller Davone Bess. I could see him developing into a solid slot WR in the right system. He strikes me as a guy who would have put up respectable numbers with Brady in NE.

Ford kind of reminds me of a taller Davone Bess. I could see him developing into a solid slot WR in the right system. He strikes me as a guy who would have put up respectable numbers with Brady in NE.
I Don't really see him as a full time slot. He is very smooth in his route running, but not particularly "quick" off the line, as you would want from that spot, IMO.

I like Ford but if its between him and Hurns as the 4th wideout/injury replacement player I think Hurns gets the nod. Whether he sticks around depends a lot on how much the undrafted rookies and Jennings flash in camp.

That being said it would not shock me at all if he becomes the Patton/Givens/Amendola type and thrives either with Tua in Miami or somewhere else with an elite QB.

I'm not really sure. Ford did a lot more than Hurns in the last few games last year and we also didn't bring in any receiver help after Ford started to emerge in the last few games. I think they like having a lot of potential contributors at receiver which is why Hurns is still here but I think Ford has jumped him in the pecking order.

I'm not really sure. Ford did a lot more than Hurns in the last few games last year and we also didn't bring in any receiver help after Ford started to emerge in the last few games. I think they like having a lot of potential contributors at receiver which is why Hurns is still here but I think Ford has jumped him in the pecking order.
I share the same opinion, because we did see less Hurns and more Ford those last few games. That’s one thing that stood out.

Ford is a feel good story. A guy who never gave up on himself. He somehow got caught in a numbers game and survived. He worked his tail off, learned the playbook and played like he belonged, once he got his chance.

I love rooting for guys like Isaiah Ford. Never underestimate a man's heart. Ford is the proverbial last man on the totem pole, who just seems to keep improving. He definitely belongs in the NFL and on someone's roster, whether it's with Miami or another team, he belongs!!! Good possession reciever, who you can count on.

Ford is a feel good story. A guy who never gave up on himself. He somehow got caught in a numbers game and survived. He worked his tail off, learned the playbook and played like he belonged, once he got his chance.

I love rooting for guys like Isaiah Ford. Never underestimate a man's heart. Ford is the proverbial last man on the totem pole, who just seems to keep improving. He definitely belongs in the NFL and on someone's roster, whether it's with Miami or another team, he belongs!!! Good possession reciever, who you can count on.
The question now can he continue to get better at a clip that is better than the competition? I hope so I would like to see him succeed brother. :ffic:

The question now can he continue to get better at a clip that is better than the competition? I hope so I would like to see him succeed brother. :ffic:
I had the pleasure of watching Ford play many college games. He was an underrated player when he was drafted and still is. He's the type of Steady Eddie, every team needs. I do believe he'll be on the final 53.

His issues has been injury he stays health he makes the squad imo. Injuries is the key on our WR squad we have a lot of talent but lots of injury risk with that talent. We keep 5 at least possibly 6.

I liked what he showed us on the field in December, but it's worth remembering that it took some injuries to other players to open up an opportunity for him. Which means he must not have been showing much in practices? I do hope that he sticks around. He looked good down the stretch in 2019.

I liked what he showed us on the field in December, but it's worth remembering that it took some injuries to other players to open up an opportunity for him. Which means he must not have been showing much in practices? I do hope that he sticks around. He looked good down the stretch in 2019.
That is a valid point. He runs nice routes, and appears to have good "hands", but is basically a posession type reciever. On the other hand, he isn't quick off the line or out of his breaks, nor will he break many tackles. That's all fine, but without top end speed he isn't my first choice for a huge amount of snaps as a wideout, nor is he suited to a big role from the slot.

I really like the kid, but 10-15 snaps per game is probably his ceiling on a healthy recieving corps.

I did not know all of that about Ford. It does make me root for him.

Back
Top Bottom