2021 CFP Top 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 CFP Top 25

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
In the first set of rankings that matter -

Top 4 made up of Saban and his coaching tree disciples. Pretty strong right there.

I have two thoughts on the rankings. They are kind of BS, i.e., Cinci getting screwed. The second is that it doesn't matter because there are only two teams this year. National Championship game Georgia v. Alabama (even if its just the SEC title game).

What is 'bama going to do when Saban actually hangs it up?

What is 'bama going to do when Saban actually hangs it up?

Probably go back to a string of bad coaching hires made by incompetent boosters that think they know football but don’t have a clue.

Ozzie Newsome was instrumental in getting Saban to leave Miami and go to Alabama. Not many people know about that. Ozzie had a phone conversation with Saban telling him all the reasons why he should leave that dumpster fire down there and take the Bama job.

One of the first things Saban did when he got to Bama was tell all the rich people that had their hands in the football program for decades that they didn’t know sh*t about football, and to sit down and shut the hell up. This was his program now and they were on the outside looking in.

Haven’t heard so much as a whimper out of ‘em since. They just nod their head and write checks now.

I have two thoughts on the rankings. They are kind of BS, i.e., Cinci getting screwed. The second is that it doesn't matter because there are only two teams this year. National Championship game Georgia v. Alabama (even if its just the SEC title game).
Not sure how Cincinnati got screwed. I suppose they had two inferior teams ranked ahead of them (Ohio St and Mich St), but they are not the 6th best team anyway. The best 4 teams are Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, and maybe Oregon, maybe Ole Miss. Doesn't matter. The only championship game there needs to be is whoever wins the SEC West v Georgia. Winner is SEC and national champ. The rest is a joke.

So
SEC 6 teams (UGA, ALA, ATM, AUB, MISS, ARK)
B1G 6 teams (OSU, MICH, MSU, WIS, PER, IOW)
BIG12 3 teams (OK, OKS, BAY)
ACC 3 teams (WF, NCST, PITT)
PAC 2 teams (ORE, UT)
Others 5 teams (CIN, ND, BYU, SDST, UTSA)

Pre week 13 projection:

1. UGA
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. Cincinnati

Assuming Ohio State wins B1G Champ game and if Bama beats or plays UGA close it sets up for Bama and UGA to play for all the marbles.

If UGA handles Bama then UGA, Ohio State, Cinci and Notre Dame will be the teams. Not very attractive.

No I think a 2 loss Bama gets in instead of ND. Unless it’s a bloodbath against Georgia.

2 loss team has no business in the playoff

Alabama has enough pelts on the wall to warrant an exception. A 2 loss Alabama would still be a 15 point favorite over ND or Oklahoma.

Back
Top Bottom