2021 Free Agents | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Free Agents

With so much talent at wide receiver and on the offensive line in the draft, I wonder if Miami will again go defense in free agency and offense in the draft.

David and/or Lawson could be two FA targets. Leonard Williams is high on my list, unless the asking price starts to go over that $18-20 million range.

Yea I've cooled off on the idea of Aaron Jones. I'd rather just continue to draft backs.

Our needs on Offense are as follows in my mind (in no particular order, that's up to Flores to figure out importance - I'll just go down the line)

QB2 - If Fitz wants to return, this is his. If not here are 2 names I like - Tyrod, Matt Barkley (knows Frye).

RB1 - I assume that 2 RB room seats are guaranteed to go to Gaskin and Ahmed, but hopefully that will be as RB2 and 3. We will likely draft 1 of Najee, ETN, Williams or Carter. The question is do we keep someone like Brieda (prob not he seemed out of sync)/Laird/Washington or add someone who can also get on the field (we have a ton of ST players). TJ Yeldon, Rex Burkhead, Devontae Booker, Corey Clement, Marlon Mack could all make sense.

FB - We cut Cox late in the year. With Studds having a say I bet we add a fullback at some point. Ben Mason is likely a target from Michigan. He has ST experience (also played DE) and was on our senior bowl team. I don't think this will be a FA target unless we miss on Mason. At that point I like Sherman and Alex Armah is very under the radar.

WR - I'm going to talk for the rest of this position group as if we are going to draft 1 of Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, or Ja'Marr Chase (which is a separate convo). In my mind - Parker, Bowden and Perry will be WR1/2, 5 and 6. The rookie will be 1/2/3 depending on progression. That means we need 2 WR with Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Mack Hollins, etc still in the conversation. To me Preston is the only one that has a chance to make the roster. Wilson and Grant will save us a little over 5M. Now the question is does a pick at 2A (Bateman, Toney, Eskridge, Moore) make sense + a FA receiver and cut Preston? I think that's the direction they end up going. As far as FA's go - Juju already has a relationship with Tua, Marvin Jones Jr makes a TON of sense as a vet in the room and Will Fuller is a pipe dream if we want to spend up at the position. I could very well see the 6 man rotation very well being Parker, Smith, Jones Jr, Williams, Bowden, Perry.

TE- Our TE room will be 1 of 2 things. Either Gesicki, Smythe, Shaheen or Pitts, Gesicki, Smythe, Shaheen. This is not where we will spend our money other than to bring a minimum guy or UDFA guy in to get reps and keep competition up.

OT - The biggest question is which group Robert Hunt goes into. I will assume for right now he will play Right Tackle. Austin Jackson at left. Jessie Davis will likely be the swing tackle. I think there is a bigger chance that we try to add another veteran with versatility to compete over drafting another top tackle. I truly believe we will let Hunt and Jackson try to grow for at least another year. Cam Robinson, Le'Raven Clark will compete with Davenport for that spot.

OG - Kindley and Flowers will likely get the first crack, but I could see us definitely bringing in competition here. I don't think Thuney and Sherff make much sense, as we are still another year away from being able to cut Flowers and part of the Jackson/Hunt growth will come off of continuity. However I would not be surprised to see us bringing in some bodies here. Jermaine Eluemunor and Forrest Lamp would make sense.

C - I don't think we will sign a FA Center. I think this will be Karras and then one of Humphrey, Dickerson, Meinerz. If we are going the "start Karras for another year" route, Meinerz makes a TON of sense.

Back
Top Bottom