2nd pick signed: Lee / Donald Lee | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd pick signed: Lee / Donald Lee

Originally posted by dolphanjo
last thing we need is holdouts I hate them more than anything....NO HOLDOUTS

Agreed. Rookie holdouts damned near inevitably hurt their development. They never get up to speed, and often lose a bit of confidence and motivation. Sometimes their career never recovers.

4-year for a 5th-rounder? That's good, because Lee is gonna be a steal. I hope they sign Tolver for 4-years too..

I agree, signing Lee for four years was a very good idea, and since he was a fifth rounder, if he sucks and we have to cut him it won't even be a big cap hit.

As good as Randy McMichael proved to be I wouldnt be surprised at all based on reports on Lee to see him push for the starting job. Especially if his blocking is what everyone says it is.....

This is good news. Because incase McMichael would get injured or would want to much money we have a good player in Lee from the reports.

In the Herald report it said he would be fifth on the depth chart at TE. Fifth? First is McMichael, then Battalgia, then..........Perry? then who??????

We are signing our picks early this year right?

Didn't we sign almost all our draftees last year in the week before camp begun? and some even the morning of camp?

Originally posted by Agua

Agreed. Rookie holdouts damned near inevitably hurt their development. They never get up to speed, and often lose a bit of confidence and motivation. Sometimes their career never recovers.

Yes. Two words: Jamar Fletcher. he still hasn't reached his potential/hype.

If Smith earns a starting position opposite Todd Wade, it would be kind of neat: the Dolphins "Wad(ing)" through their opponents.

Donald Lee

Anyone have a picture of him. I don't know anything about him, but he must be big judging from what I have read about him. If he has any impact like McMichael did, it will be nice to line them up and have a couple of big TE's to throw to.

He's actually quite small for a TE....

He is 6' 2'' 238 lbs but runs a nice 4.72 40.
He is a good athlete but has questionable hands and isn't a great blocker which hurt his value. Despite his size, he is a scruffy player who fights with all his effort not to get pushed around by bigger guys. He brings some heart to the team. He is very durable.

I'll try to find a picture.

He was a square peg in a round hole at Mississippi St. All he did was block. He's more of a receiver than a blocker. Only reason his hands are considered questionable is because he played in a Hunter Goodwin-type role.

Moulds description (not knocking you at all) sounds a lot like Randy McMichael's coming out last year.

Back
Top Bottom