2nd starter running back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd starter running back

Lets see who is physically able to play after 5 preseason games with this o-line..........

So, no one believes that Jamar Martin has a chance of returning? Personally, I'd like to see him back at FB. The guy has good hands out of the backfield and is able to punch holes in the line as well as move the pile. His only possible knock would be his height 5'11" (which isn't bad either).

Gordon will back up Brown. Why do people keep bring up Gordon's average last year. Early in the year, the line couldn't block anyone. Gordon saw a swarm of tacklers before he even hit the line last year. Forget 2004 stats. Gordon has talent. This years coaching staff will make a world of difference. Minor won't make the team. Harris and Morris will battle for the 3rd spot, with Morris possibly going back to Fullback.

As a West Virginia Mountaineer myself, I know Kay Jay is a stud. I think he has the makings to do very well for the Dolphins. He is on the roster with Avon Cobourne too. But I think he was allocated to Europe, but i'm not sure.

Gordon is a very good back. People don't realize this. If he can stay healthy, he could be one of the best backups in football, and God forbid something would happen to Brown, he is capable of a 1000+ yard year. He will most likely be the backup. I love Harris as well, but Gordon is good. Either way I hope we can keep all three and cut Minor, but Minor is a change of pace back, when the other 3 are bigger backs so Minor might keep his job based on his style. I remember reading that at LSU Saban kept a stable of big backs and just wore down the defense, so maybe they'll keep the big 3, but we will have to see.

It's easier for a college coach to keep alot of big backs, he wasn't dealing with a 53 man roster. I see a total of 5 backs being kept maybe 6.

I Think that we really had a great draft. I've been a dolphin fan for a very long time and this is one of the very best drafts i have ever seen. I believe we are all going to be surprised at how good the Dolphins are going to be this year. And as far as Ricky, I don't ever see Ricky, in a Dolphins uniform again. We'll take him back but just to trade.

woolhoss said:
As a West Virginia Mountaineer myself, I know Kay Jay is a stud. I think he has the makings to do very well for the Dolphins. He is on the roster with Avon Cobourne too. But I think he was allocated to Europe, but i'm not sure.

Lets Go......Mountaineer's

Im lovin seein so many neer fans on the sight. KayJay will be awsome if he can stay healthy. The boy hits the hole like a freight train. In any case...its just awsome to see your favorite NFL team take a chance on your favorite college team's star. Wish we coulda got Henry.

Why didn't Kay Jay get drafted, it sounds like everyone has a high oppinion of him.

He should have... Better than the crap some teams got.

u can never have enough backs, like last year when we had to move our fb to rb, and guys like vick king and brok forsey were gettin snaps.

1.brown
2.harris
3.gordon
4.morris
5.minor(if he dosnt get cut)

I'm sure all of our backs will get reps behind the starting line just to gauge what kind of talent we have. Last year was not a true benchmark of their abilities.

Back
Top Bottom