3-4 defense here we come | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3-4 defense here we come

GRAPEAPE

HI Honorary Member 3am crew
Reaction score
Does antone else agree that with the addition of the DE's in FA and now the drafting of Roth that coach Saban is leaning toward the 3-4 defense?? It only makes sense to me
:hmmm:

GRAPEAPE said:
Does antone else agree that with the addition of the DE's in FA and now the drafting of Roth that coach Saban is leaning toward the 3-4 defense?? It only makes sense to me

I agree, at least its going to be some type of hybrid. I welcome the change to an attack style "D"

GRAPEAPE said:

When we picked up Roth I immediately looked up the size of Willie Mcginnest.

Mcginnest 6'5" 270lbs

Roth 6'3" 272lbs

Larry Chester vs. Kevin Mawae - I can't wait :lol:

GRAPEAPE said:
Absolutely NOT. This subject has been thoroughly debated and settled many times.

We cut two DE's in Jay Williams & Robinson. We signed two DE's that also have the versatility to play inside. Two players removed...two players added. It's a wash.

David Bowens and Zginonia are likely the next to be replaced. Hense, drafting ROTH only makes sense.

Saban has repeatedly explained what he does on defense. He plays a base 4-3 and mixes it up with odd man fronts. We may show a 3-4 look once out of five plays...depending who our opponent is.

I repeat. No base 3-4. Odd man fronts with the occassional use of the 3-4, 5-2 or any other odd man front that is created. Saban runs a base 4-3.

I wouldn't say we're abandoning the 4-3 as of a yet, I think that we might be heading to a set 3-4 somewhere down the road... but as of this year I think we'll just be experimenting with it and be using it maybe 10-15% of the time on defense at the most.

PhinstiGator said:
Absolutely NOT. This subject has been thoroughly debated and settled many times.

We cut two DE's in Jay Williams & Robinson. We signed two DE's that also have the versatility to play inside. Two players removed...two players added. It's a wash.

David Bowens and Zginonia are likely the next to be replaced. Hense, drafting ROTH only makes sense.

Saban has repeatedly explained what he does on defense. He plays a base 4-3 and mixes it up with odd man fronts. We may show a 3-4 look once out of five plays...depending who our opponent is.

I repeat. No base 3-4. Odd man fronts with the occassional use of the 3-4, 5-2 or any other odd man front that is created. Saban runs a base 4-3.

my friend Nick said a lot of then during
the draft ,and he did the exact oppsite (nick would be a great poker player)

imo we would not go to 3-4 base defence but, they (fins) will be come a team that plays both defences

I also feel the rest the the league will do the same :cooldude:

I think we've been over this too many times. We're running a hybrid D, not a 3-4 base. One offseason can't shift an entire defense like that. Crowder is probably our biggest guy at LB right now, we lack the personnel for a full-time 3-4.

Back
Top Bottom