3 best reasons to like the Lazor hire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 best reasons to like the Lazor hire

I'll give you a few more good reasons:

1. Detail oriented. He does his homework and understands the intricacies, subtleties and nuances of the game.
2. Great teacher. He can translate his knowledge and understanding to his troops so that they play the game better, smarter and closer to their potential.
3. Flexible. He, like Chip Kelly, isn't a "system" guy, he is a guy that understands how things work and like Don Shula will build his offense around what he has. Shula had Csonka, we were a power running team. Shula had Marino, we set passing records. Similarly, Lazor will adapt his offense to the talent he has. He's not locked into one system. He's not predictable.
4. Driven. He has a tireless work ethic and demands the same of his players. His personality is such that they give that effort to learn and refine their game. Guys like Tannehill will absolutely respond to him.
5. Exploits weaknesses. He creates matchups and plays to the ones where he has the greatest chance to win. Under Sherman we, like clockwork, would follow our progressions and could be manipulated into throwing the ball to a certain matchup or audibling out to a run. Good DC's could stifle us. That will not happen to Lazor. He creates the mismatches and exploits them.
6. Balance. He likes balance. He throws to his WR, TE and RB, and he makes sure he runs the football even if he needs to manufacture it. UVa didn't have the best personnel, but he got every ounce of ability and production out of them, in part because he used everything.
7. Belief . Teams don't quit on Lazor, they rally around him. He is successful and makes the players happy to play for him. They get it, they buy in, and they execute. He doesn't give them more than they can handle, but he astutely identifies what they can give and he demands that out of them. Under Bill Lazor we will find out just how much talent this team really has.
8. Development. Under him the players will be significantly better at the end of the season than they are at day 1. Some teams simply play, but Lazor's teams improve.
9. Production. We will see our offense develop into a significantly higher scoring and more productive offense than this past year.

Don't worry, I'm sure that the people who said McAdoo's decision to take the job in New York was a black mark against our QB will be along shortly to tell us why Lazor's decision to come to Miami has nothing to do with the QB.

If Tannehill were elite or certain to be elite, we wouldn't be forced to interview 5 or 6 guys and then sweat out the verdict of a candidate after someone else had already declined. I guess we're supposed to celebrate because someone said yes.

Frankly, I'm surprised Jim Caldwell got another chance because he seems a bit aloof and his results minus Peyton Manning were abysmal. He was considered safe that season until it was so disastrous. His Wake Forest record was poor with lots of erratic quotes. I don't doubt that some candidates who were considering the Lions have been turned off the more they research Jim Caldwell, not to mention that Matthew Stafford has developed bad habits but retains the stubbornness. Darn shame, because coming out of high school I thought he was the best prospect I'd seen in perhaps a decade.

He has seen it all, from all the great coaches. He can implement anything. But as you said, the fact that he absorbed Chip's system for a whole year and can bring that here, is huge.

I'd like to see us run some packaged plays.

If Tannehill were elite or certain to be elite, we wouldn't be forced to interview 5 or 6 guys and then sweat out the verdict of a candidate after someone else had already declined. I guess we're supposed to celebrate because someone said yes.

Frankly, I'm surprised Jim Caldwell got another chance because he seems a bit aloof and his results minus Peyton Manning were abysmal. He was considered safe that season until it was so disastrous. His Wake Forest record was poor with lots of erratic quotes. I don't doubt that some candidates who were considering the Lions have been turned off the more they research Jim Caldwell, not to mention that Matthew Stafford has developed bad habits but retains the stubbornness. Darn shame, because coming out of high school I thought he was the best prospect I'd seen in perhaps a decade.

We interviewed 3, and the first guy we interviewed accepted the job.

There is no one here who has any idea if Lazor will be good or bad, same as any GM. All we can do is hope.

I couldn't agree more. We are now in the "honeymoon" phase, when all the people around here can find no wrong with the guy....even though they don't have clue if he is good or not.

Not for nothin, but he did say, may. Nothing ignorant and absurd about that

Your still drawing a comparison. Why else use Coach Walsh as a barometer? To me it is ignorant and absurd. How about just hoping he works out well next year for RT and the MIAMI Dolphins?

Hold on a second. I was told by credible sources that Miami was not a destination anyone wanted
to be headed to. How can this BE?!

His press conferences expressed nothing but effusive praise for Philbin. Now I know that's his new boss, so of course that's what he is expected to say. However, he reiterated it so many times that it was clear that their mutual respect is genuine.

So he chose Philbin over Caldwell as well as Tannehill over Stafford. I personally don't believe Philbin is a lame duck coach as Ross respects him to a fault, but even if he is on the hot seat Lazor exudes confidence that his offense will lower its temperature.

I liked that he's worked under some of the great cosches of our time, it's a characteristic that the real good up and comers all have.

I also like that he seems like a normal guy, not one of these tough guy, over the top wannabe alpha males, like Schiano. I cant stand those coaches.

Ome thing philbin always said, is teaching players is a big part of his costing style, the Iowa staff clearly fits that mold, we've developed more players with them than we have in many years, snd the way foles looked it's clear lazor fits that mold also.

I'm really happy to see the staff come together the way it is, this is the kind of staff that pays off short and long term.

I'll give you a few more good reasons:

1. Detail oriented. He does his homework and understands the intricacies, subtleties and nuances of the game.
2. Great teacher. He can translate his knowledge and understanding to his troops so that they play the game better, smarter and closer to their potential.
3. Flexible. He, like Chip Kelly, isn't a "system" guy, he is a guy that understands how things work and like Don Shula will build his offense around what he has. Shula had Csonka, we were a power running team. Shula had Marino, we set passing records. Similarly, Lazor will adapt his offense to the talent he has. He's not locked into one system. He's not predictable.
4. Driven. He has a tireless work ethic and demands the same of his players. His personality is such that they give that effort to learn and refine their game. Guys like Tannehill will absolutely respond to him.
5. Exploits weaknesses. He creates matchups and plays to the ones where he has the greatest chance to win. Under Sherman we, like clockwork, would follow our progressions and could be manipulated into throwing the ball to a certain matchup or audibling out to a run. Good DC's could stifle us. That will not happen to Lazor. He creates the mismatches and exploits them.
6. Balance. He likes balance. He throws to his WR, TE and RB, and he makes sure he runs the football even if he needs to manufacture it. UVa didn't have the best personnel, but he got every ounce of ability and production out of them, in part because he used everything.
7. Belief . Teams don't quit on Lazor, they rally around him. He is successful and makes the players happy to play for him. They get it, they buy in, and they execute. He doesn't give them more than they can handle, but he astutely identifies what they can give and he demands that out of them. Under Bill Lazor we will find out just how much talent this team really has.
8. Development. Under him the players will be significantly better at the end of the season than they are at day 1. Some teams simply play, but Lazor's teams improve.
9. Production. We will see our offense develop into a significantly higher scoring and more productive offense than this past year.

I say we should put him in the hall of fame now! And to think I never heard of him!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Glad he's aboard, hopefully he helps RT.

I also hope he brings back a FB, a REAL FB not an H-Back Charles Clay (Ed Perry for you old-schoolers) deal.

A true FB (if the new GM can find one) that can hopefully help blast holes open for our RBs.

I think the way he helped nick foles and how nick foles has stepped it up this season is a pretty good endorsment. Him helping tannehill and him most likely have better playcalling and play calls. This will actually bring out the best or work best with tannehills talent than against, which it seemed sherman's play calling only hurt fins offense more.

Your still drawing a comparison. Why else use Coach Walsh as a barometer? To me it is ignorant and absurd. How about just hoping he works out well next year for RT and the MIAMI Dolphins?

I dont know. The comparison I got out of it was that they both run a WC system and since Walsh's was successful, hopefully Philbins will be.

Back
Top Bottom