3 best reasons to like the Lazor hire | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 best reasons to like the Lazor hire

the only problem is will philbin trust him

based on what Lazor has said about Joe, I dont see it as a problem, and I like the outsider feel Lazor brings. I think the players will enjoy it.

I agree and think #1 is the most important reason. Not only is it clear that his credentials far outweigh McAdoo's, but just as importantly it is not a hire based on nepotism. And I think Kubiak would've been a bad fit, not to mention that he would seek head coaching opportunities next year.

I'll add reason number 4:

It ends the narrative that:

- the Dolphins are a dysfunctional organization
- only marginal candidates would want to work with a lame duck coach
- Ross is an idiot
- Philbin is an idiot
-Aponte is a witch/snake
- Tannehill sucks. Who would want to waste his time developing a QB who has no potential?

I'm sure I'm omitting several other overblown negative perceptions. And the narrative will of course persist, regardless which GM is hired. And if the "top" GM is not hired few will postulate that it was ownership who did not offer the job to the candidate.

Music to my ears! I hope you are right....

the only problem is will philbin trust him

After hearing Lazor's introductory remarks, it seems like he really, really hit it off with Joe Philbin. Mentioned they knew each other before, but not very well. I don't think it'll be an issue.

I love this guy! He's smart, he's intense, he's competitive as hell, he's a winner, he's cerebral, and he is way good at getting QB's good!

Tanneyhill is Cerebral. He is a very humble guy, and yet ridiculously talented athlete who needs help of a strong mentor and an offensive mind to get it all done.

I bet Tanneyhill and Lazor have hit the ground running!

I am happy to be a Dolphin fan! I want to be able to remember what its like to win week after week.

There is no one here who has any idea if Lazor will be good or bad, same as any GM. All we can do is hope.

Seems to be a lot of love for someone who has never called a game in the nfl! Hopefully he lives up to all your expectations!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

From what I've read he really emphasizes the run game and TE. This can only help Ryan progress. Play action is a farce if you have no running game.
Rebuild the line. Get a new RB that can pound the ball and let Ryan become more of a game manager instead of passing on every fricking down. I'll bet the sack totals go way down if the opponents can not bring it every down knowing we have to pass.

Usually avatar and sig pics dont get me, but Christ man....That's kinda awesome.

From what I've read he really emphasizes the run game and TE. This can only help Ryan progress. Play action is a farce if you have no running game.
Rebuild the line. Get a new RB that can pound the ball and let Ryan become more of a game manager instead of passing on every fricking down. I'll bet the sack totals go way down if the opponents can not bring it every down knowing we have to pass.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

There is no one here who has any idea if Lazor will be good or bad, same as any GM. All we can do is hope.

Some freaking TRUTH.

Today is like draft day. Everyone is projecting what THEY want from this hire. Oh and the Bill Walsh comparison besides being ignorant and absurd, makes my point.

After reading pretty much all I could find on the OC hire, these seem like the 3 best reasons to feel good about this hire:

1. He IS NOT a former boss, mentor, friend, or even peer to Philbin. IMO this clarifies the chain of command for the ENTIRE TEAM and is the main reason I didn't want Kubiak to begin with. (It's too easy to argue that someone like Kubiak is equally or more qualified to be the head coach than Philbin which creates chain of command issues like I suspect happened with Sherman.)

2. He started at QB in college for 3 years, has worked with numerous successful QBs and is proven QB improver. (There's plenty of citations to this fact on this forum already) Furthermore, he decided to coach Ryan Tannehill instead of Matthew Stafford. Not only is that good news for RT's growth as a QB, but it's also a ringing endorsement of Ryan Tannehill from the guy who will be coaching him.

3. He is well respected around the league and has experience in the Modern NFL offense. Not only did he coach under Chip Kelly last year but he also ran a pro-style offense as OC in college.

This is the second coach in two days to diss the Lions. Its starting to look like 1) coaches dont want to deal with the Org, 2) coaches dont want to try to reteach Stafford how to throw, 3) perhaps it turned coaches off that Stafford said he didnt need to work with (I forget who he was) ex NFL QB to teach him how to get better.

Some freaking TRUTH.

Today is like draft day. Everyone is projecting what THEY want from this hire. Oh and the Bill Walsh comparison besides being ignorant and absurd, makes my point.

The bill Walsh comparison was for Kelly.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Seems to be a lot of love for someone who has never called a game in the nfl! Hopefully he lives up to all your expectations!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

That doesn't matter.

The bill Walsh comparison was for Kelly.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

That doesn't matter.

Such a comparison is still absurd after 1 season. Let the man show some consistency over his career at the NFL level before saying such things. Oh, and win multiple SBs.

5. He spent a year with football offensive genius Chip Kelly. Kelly may be the second coming of Bill Walsh.

Maybe he will bring the Eagles playbook where we actually use some motion, read option, rollouts, bootlegs and get Wallace off the right side of the field and get him in space. God Sherman was awful.

Some freaking TRUTH.

Not for nothin, but he did say, may. Nothing ignorant and absurd about that

The thing I like is that he is young. He has a vision that none of our past 3 offensive coordinators have had.

Back
Top Bottom