3 key plays why we lost. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 key plays why we lost.

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
1. Chris Carter fumble. We had momentum and driving on the packers.

2. Freeman Pass Interference. No way Najah Davenport would of made that catch but freeman PI in the endzone on 3rd down. Instead of 3 pts they got 7.

3. Ray "Charles" Lucas Int. We could've still been in the game and even tied later if ray would of threw a TD for us not the other team.

Originally posted by ronnie_augs

2. Freeman Pass Interference. No way Najah Davenport would of made that catch but freeman PI in the endzone on 3rd down. Instead of 3 pts they got 7.

3. Ray "Charles" Lucas Int. We could've still been in the game and even tied later if ray would of threw a TD for us not the other team.
yup that was it, we needed to play mistake free football to win and played like crap with those 4 TOs and 1 huge penalty.

Surtain's 15 yard face mask was a pathetic call :fire: and gave them a chance for an easy 3 where they may not have scored at all, but Pat barely grabbed the helmet.

This is probably very true, but we were lucky to stop favre from scoring two other td's in the beginning. the fact of the matter is that this defense just lets teams come down the field. it is tom olividotti all over again.

ya true but we couldn't score and keep our defense off the field to rest.

I agree totally.

However, I think that you should mention Rob Konrad's fumble too. He looked like crap.

Is it me or does it seem that our timings on all out blitzes seem to be off. It seems like we call them at the wrong time and when we do call them, they don't work.
I don't know whether it is a personel thing or what, but we look totally exposed on every blitz we call.
I think Bates needs to really mix that all out blitz up with some fake blitz plays so that teams don't KNOW what the hell we are up to.

Originally posted by WharfRat
Don't forget Wade's 15yrd facemask penalty that effectively killed a decent drive....

Yeah, they never showed that play either.....

I played OLine all the way through college and I still can't figure out what the Hell Wade did! How do you get a Personal foul facemask blocking a guy???????????????????????????????

Unless he had a seizure that left him having uncontrollable convulsions that is pathetic!

Re: Re: 3 key plays why we lost.

Originally posted by Superself
Is it me or does it seem that our timings on all out blitzes seem to be off. It seems like we call them at the wrong time and when we do call them, they don't work.
I don't know whether it is a personel thing or what, but we look totally exposed on every blitz we call.
I think Bates needs to really mix that all out blitz up with some fake blitz plays so that teams don't KNOW what the hell we are up to.
you are unfortunately correct IMO. Though blitzing guys like Favre is always gonna be tricky since he is more likely to audible it. I still cannot believe the screen and how Green blocked Zach and was still wide open to take it 30 yards :confused: it looked like no one wanted to get blocked on that play. I would say the weather was a factor in the team's willingness to make hits.

Originally posted by finfan54
This is probably very true, but we were lucky to stop favre from scoring two other td's in the beginning. the fact of the matter is that this defense just lets teams come down the field. it is tom olividotti all over again.

Please don't mention that name here!

Tom Olividotti and Chuck Studley are D coordinator names that should be erased from team history. Idiots.....

Originally posted by dolphan39
yup that was it, we needed to play mistake free football to win and played like crap with those 4 TOs and 1 huge penalty.

Surtain's 15 yard face mask was a pathetic call :fire: and gave them a chance for an easy 3 where they may not have scored at all, but Pat barely grabbed the helmet.

Yes but the refs botched 2 fumbles the Pack deserved as well!
So we still got the better end of the deal!

Originally posted by Superself
I agree totally.

However, I think that you should mention Rob Konrad's fumble too. He looked like crap.

yes they are way off and let me tell you at least a couple of reasons why.
1) we never show anyone we are blitzing so they game plan that way.
2) second half our defense plays better cus we just play our vanilla (olividotti) and we see what they are doing then we blitz them! by that time they see that and they throw a screen pass and wala!

bottom line? we dont show anything different week to week. that is why belichik is a genius and we have dotes for coaches. they sit there and scratch there heads and dont come up with anything new. they dont inspire our players at all. wannstedt is a ***** when it comes to this. its times like this i wish we had cowher!

here is another thing i noticed. when we have those two lightwieghts in at DT on 3rd down, they were running up our gut! when we had the big doofers in there they ran outside and screen passed and hit the quick hits. Favre was probably going to the line, and see this and its a no brainer. that is why he was smiling on the bench all night. cus he knows something that we dont even know about ourselves!

Back
Top Bottom