3 round mock draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 round mock draft

Booyeah:

What if McKinnie is gone, they feel like Williams knee is too big a risk(I personally think he is fine) to give a big contract to, and they feel a WR would be a reach at that spot? Do they reach for a WR just because they need one? or do they take a DT that wouldn't be a reach in that spot? Remember they have a big hole at DT with Parrella leaving and Jamal Williams coming off a MAJOR injury.

Stallworth may not be a reach by draft day, but for right now, he or any other WR is.

Haven't you read that he might have a slight ACL tear in one of his knees? He may have to have surgery on it. Some doctors found it at the combine, well documented by now.

That is the only reason I said he may be a risk, I personally believe he is fine.

Never answered the question......

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Haven't you read that he might have a slight ACL tear in one of his knees? He may have to have surgery on it. Some doctors found it at the combine, well documented by now.

That is the only reason I said he may be a risk, I personally believe he is fine.

But who said San Diego will not draft him b/c he is a risk? Was it Butler? I want a name.

Now I understand what you are getting at. I just re-read my post and it seemed like i stated a fact, but I was really just posting a hypothetical situation......what I meant to say "if they felt like he was a risk...." not "they DO feel like he is a risk"......

Sorry for the mix up.......but you have to read that whole paragraph hypothetically......"what if" scenario......if McKinnie is there he is a Charger, end of story.

Oh, well IF San Diego does not want Williams then maybe they might take a John Henderson.

There are many scenarios that may play out in the draft and none of us will know which ones do play out until the draft is over. I just can't see "Elite" talent like that falling down to #21. Too many teams need DT and there are good ones in the draft.

If teams have multiple needs, isn't it the best idea to go with the player that they grade out the highest? I'm not saying I know which team has which players graded highest and lowest, but it is pretty safe to say that all 4 of those DTs will have high grades.

As of right now, Philly is expected to take either Fonoti or Gorude but things can always change before the draft, which is why I will continue to update this!!!!!!!

I think the only reason they are expected to take Fonoti or Gurode is because they do not expect Green or Duckett to be around when they select. This is from cnnsi.com posted TODAY:

"And there could be other candidates looking to join that club. Philadelphia was in the chase for Dunn and wouldn't mind upgrading from its tandem of Duce Staley and Correll Buckhalter. For the Browns and Eagles, the answers might come in the draft, where William Green of Boston College, T.J. Duckett of Michigan State, DeShaun Foster of UCLA and Clinton Portis of Miami figure to be the top backs chosen. Dallas also could be the running back market come draft day, searching for Emmitt Smith's replacement in the second or third round."

Yeah, I have Luke Staley going to Dallas and Clinton Portis to Philly if you actually read more than the first round. :lol:

I did read more into the first round......my whole argument is that Green and Duckett will not last to Philadelphia! In my mock I have them taking Gurode, only because the 2 top backs are already off the board. Now IF, for some strange reason, one of the top 2 are still there, Philly no way passes on them! I have Philly taking a RB in rd 2 as well, it's just the 2 different ways in which we have Philly grabbing a RB. In your scenario Green is available, in mine he is not.

From www.nfldraftblitz.com :

"There has been a lot of buzz about William Green’s 4.58/40 at the Combine, and subsequent 4.55 in individual workouts, but Green is still a mid first round selection, and the number one running back available in the draft. His game speed is considerably better than his timed speed. His game play at Boston College speaks for itself. While he is still a little raw because of his youth, he is a hard running physical back who cuts back well. He had a textbook performance against Georgia in the Music City Bowl.

It was apparent that T.J. Duckett was for real the last week of the 1998 season, when he torched PSU’s stellar defense that included Brandon Short, LaVar Arrington, and Courtney Brown, for 159 yards. While he did not workout at the combine, Duckett has proven himself to be a physical marvel in individual workouts, posting a 4.37/40, and a 37-inch vertical leap, at 254 pounds. He busts tackles with exceptional leg strength, and exhibits very good change of direction skills. Both he, and Green tend to be a little streaky, but they are both first rounders for sure. The race is on to see which is selected first!"

You want to know where that 4th DT is going? Try Jacksonville. Remember they lost BOTH their DT's in the expansion draft.

Ya they definately have a need at the DT spot. All tho they do have Marcus Stroud their #1 from last year, he has nobody to play along with.

Jacksonville is a definate candidate for a DT, but they could go in any number of directions, like many teams. I still hold by my statement that the 4 DTs will be off the board before 21.

I actually have Jacksonville going with an OT, and I doubt I will change them taking Williams unless his injury problems become more severe. They need a replacement for Boselli more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom