3 under the radar QB's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 under the radar QB's

my 2 cents

my 2 cents
Reaction score
Geez there are more opinions than posters here. How about a couple really obscure names and 1 flying under the radar. While we are throwing stuff against the wall, and I have seen them play actually.

INGLE MARTIN- 6-3, 225. So he has the size. UF transfer with a good arm, awareness and mobility. Questionable competition at Furman and his touch is not the best (was a high school option QB). Also may not be the most mentally tough guy around, but has the physical tools and who knows what may be inside him. Highly recruited out of Tennessee in high school. Also a punter with a decent enough leg.

RICHIE WILLIAMS- Appalachian State. Was a 5-9 high school running QB that grew into 6-3, 200 lb QB with excellent mobility and a very strong arm. Would be a higher profile program if he had not been a 5-9 running QB in high school. Late bloomer that can flat out throw...now he needs to become a passer. Competition is a question, but this guy just looks comfortable on the football field as a QB.

BRAD SMITH- MIZZOU. 6-2, 210-220, solid build, good arm, all the tools, this guy can scramble, run and throw. Again just not a passer and game manager.... YET, but he shows flashes of being a QB instead of a thrower...if he put's it together. Better upside than the Shockley's, Gradkowski's and Hackney's of the world.

my 2 cents said:
Geez there are more opinions than posters here. How about a couple really obscure names and 1 flying under the radar. While we are throwing stuff against the wall, and I have seen them play actually.

INGLE MARTIN- 6-3, 225. So he has the size. UF transfer with a good arm, awareness and mobility. Questionable competition at Furman and his touch is not the best (was a high school option QB). Also may not be the most mentally tough guy around, but has the physical tools and who knows what may be inside him. Highly recruited out of Tennessee in high school. Also a punter with a decent enough leg.

RICHIE WILLIAMS- Appalachian State. Was a 5-9 high school running QB that grew into 6-3, 200 lb QB with excellent mobility and a very strong arm. Would be a higher profile program if he had not been a 5-9 running QB in high school. Late bloomer that can flat out throw...now he needs to become a passer. Competition is a question, but this guy just looks comfortable on the football field as a QB.

BRAD SMITH- MIZZOU. 6-2, 210-220, solid build, good arm, all the tools, this guy can scramble, run and throw. Again just not a passer and game manager.... YET, but he shows flashes of being a QB instead of a thrower...if he put's it together. Better upside than the Shockley's, Gradkowski's and Hackney's of the world.

Brad Smith is trying to get an invite to the senior bowl as a WR

Ive never heard of Richie Williams but I dont really want a QB who needs to learn to become a passer

my 2 cents

Jacobs great arm is behind Cutler, Young, Leinart, Hackney, Clemens...about the same as Pinegar and Whitehurst. He is a 3 and out QB..three years and out of the league.....why Jacobs if you don't want a project.....the guy is the definition of project....

Alex22 said:
Brad Smith is trying to get an invite to the senior bowl as a WR

Ive never heard of Richie Williams but I dont really want a QB who needs to learn to become a passer

The guy I keep thinking we might take a chance on is Josh Betts.Not sure why but he's got a great arm and can move too.Take a lot of chances and therefor INT's but that can be corrected...he's got the arm for our offence tho and we could get him in the later rounds.

Ozzy rules!!

ckparrothead said:
That's REALLY under the radar.

And then some. Ingle Martin probably won't even get signed as an UDFA.

josh betts is a joke...he is another qb i so dont want on this team....if the phins dont get cutler or jacobs they will finish out of the playoffs again..plain and simple

phins1381 said:
josh betts is a joke...he is another qb i so dont want on this team....if the phins dont get cutler or jacobs they will finish out of the playoffs again..plain and simple

Even if we do draft a QB they won't see much playing time if any next season. Especially Jacobs, he needs ALOT of polishing.

i agree with u but with jacobs there is more upside to him then a betts or any 1 else i say my midseason he would be ready...something about this guy i like...i guess time will tell but i saw him play wisconsin that 1st game he is ellectric and can be a gamebreaker and with ou coaching staff and saban things could turn out great with him at the helm

Uh....

There's better under the radar QB's.

I did see this guy Williams play. I watched him play Furman in the semi finals of Div AA this year but I can't compare him to anyone in Div A b/c they aren't playing the same talent level. Lynch's brother plays for App St. if anyone cares I thought I would throw that out there.

hunter5nc1 said:
I did see this guy Williams play. I watched him play Furman in the semi finals of Div AA this year but I can't compare him to anyone in Div A b/c they aren't playing the same talent level. Lynch's brother plays for App St. if anyone cares I thought I would throw that out there.
'

His name is coery lynch and it his cousin. Williams is like I poor mans Vince Young....same throwing motion even. Go to App hence all the info.

I really don't like any of these guys. They all need alot of work, Im not sure they would help us in the future if ever

SpeedRush99 said:
Ingle Martin?!?!? Wow

I am gunna give this guy alot of credit with the Ingle Martin pick. So what are you thinking now after the combine Speed?

Back
Top Bottom