#3 who ya got | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#3 who ya got

Who do you take at #3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me it's probably between Sewell and Smith. Push comes to shove I probably take Sewell and look for an opportunity to trade up for Smith. I wouldn't be upset with Parsons or Chase either, I just have slight personal preferences for Sewell and Smith. Fields isn't a consideration.

It has to be Sewell.

Best non QB in the Draft.

Tua needs weapons but building an OL to protect him and improve the running game is helping Tua as well.

There will be WR's on the board for Miami's 2nd first rounder or with a slight trade up.

LB would just have to wait.

But the Offense is more important.

For me it's probably between Sewell and Smith. Push comes to shove I probably take Sewell and look for an opportunity to trade up for Smith. I wouldn't be upset with Parsons or Chase either, I just have slight personal preferences for Sewell and Smith. Fields isn't a consideration.
100%

I said this in another thread. If we traded up for Smith after getting Sewell I would be quite happy. But I dont think he will be there.

If trade down is not an option I guess it’s got to be Sewell. I say that as if it’s bad thing but it’s obviously not. But I just don’t like the idea of moving Sewell OR Jackson to Right Tackle.

With that said I think my number one option is, and I know you said no trade downs but this is realistic, is to trade down to 5 or 6 and take Parsons AND then grab that teams second round pick. 2nd option is trade down to 10ish grab Devonta Smith/Jamarr Chase and pick up that teams second and then their first next year. No team behind us this year has 2 firsts.

Smith.

Even if the gap between Sewell and the OT you can get at 1b is bigger than the gap between Smith and the WR you can get at 1b (a point I'm not ready to concede), the impact will be smaller. Because a high-end WR is immensely valuable, and any good OT is very valuable.

Smith + Darrisaw > Sewell + Bateman

Smith.

Even if the gap between Sewell and the OT you can get at 1b is bigger than the gap between Smith and the WR you can get at 1b (a point I'm not ready to concede), the impact will be smaller. Because a high-end WR is immensely valuable, and any good OT is very valuable.

I could not disagree any more...

Smith.

I actually used this exact concept in one of those mock simulator drafts today. I traded back from 3, but did draft Smith with the first pick. I took Leatherwood in the 2nd round. I felt that moving him over to RT would make him very effective, and kick Hunt down to RG.

Smith.

I can see that. Smith would be an exciting addition.

If Miami ends up at #3, though, I'm expecting a trade down. If the Dolphins can move down, get more picks and Smith...ultimate win.

If the Jets picked Fields and no trade option then it would be Sewell. If Jets get Fields then Parsons, however i think if at #3 Fields is available we would have great opportunity to trade down and get a top receiver as well as additional picks.

It still has to be Sewell for me outside a trade down offer that we simply can't turn down that still allows us to come away with a Chase and Smith.

I’m torn between Sewell and Parsons. I went with Micah on the poll though, perfect scheme fit and bigger position of need. A LB core of Van Noy, Jerome Baker, Micah Parsons and the Ginkster would be insane

Back
Top Bottom