32 out of 32 passing D, We have been playing zone right | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

32 out of 32 passing D, We have been playing zone right

we just need to wait for them to gel better becuase we have 2 new guys and freeman on a dime package which he is not used to.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
we need to keep the zone and perfect it.. it has to be disgusted better.
It's pretty disgusting right now.

I don't know, I think the zone is part of the reason we aren't getting any pressure on the QB. The quarterbacks are being able to pass inside using a crossing route or slant, which then picks up huge yardage or at least enough to keep their drive going.

On of the key parts to our pass rush last year, and in year's past is the ability to effectively bump and run. Madison and Surtain excel and throwing the timing of the recievers and quarterback off, which in turn makes them have to wait longer and then whamo! Taylor for a sack. It also allowed us more turnovers. Some QB's would force a timing throw regardless if the recievers was there or not and it would be picked off by Marion or someone else.

It just seems to me that Bates started using the cover 2 scheme because it worked for Tampa last year. That is usually how it works. Whatever worked the year before, teams try to implement it the followign year. The problem is, it is hardly ever better than the original and it has been seen before so teams can now gameplan for it.

If it were up to me I would have Surtain and Madison chucking the hell out of Buffalo's recievers tonight on the line. If Moulds or any of their other recievers recovers or gets by, then we have Knight and MArion back deep to halp out.

I really wish we would have started out Man-to-Man and stayed Man-to-Man all year. I don't like this Zone crap...but many of you asked for it and now you got your wish.

PrimeTime, we asked for a new wrinkle not for the entire body to be wilted.

I think most of us wanted to see some more blitzing form Seau more than anything. Changing the entire scheme and not playing to your players strengths is just foolish.

Back
Top Bottom