3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd for Matt Casell -What do you think dols?

Vertical Limit said:
How the hell is he going to start in 2 years? Do you know who is the starter of his team? Just a guy named TOM BRADY.

Several reasons.

One, from a physical point of view he's head and shoulders above Brady.

Two his contract is going to be much smaller than Brady's and we all know how tough Belichik is when it comes to salary cap

Three he's flat out going to be better.

Four when you watch Brady it just seems like his head's not into it like in the past. I wouldnt be surprised if he retires in two years

adamprez2003 said:
Several reasons.

One, from a physical point of view he's head and shoulders above Brady.

Two his contract is going to be much smaller than Brady's and we all know how tough Belichik is when it comes to salary cap

Three he's flat out going to be better.

Four when you watch Brady it just seems like his head's not into it like in the past. I wouldnt be surprised if he retires in two years

-No offense, but unless an overwhelming lack of success happens(and I'm talking consecutive 3 win seasons), or a life(by that I mean career) threatening injury, Brady will not retire in two years.

-Physically, there are tons of QBs above Brady. That doesn't mean they are smarter, or fit into the system as well.

-We also know how Bellichek is with draft picks too, so if Cassel was even close to as good as Brady, he would ship him off for a #1 pick before getting rid of someone as sure as Brady.

-Your third point is pure speculation, and there is no way to absolutely prove or disprove that until he gets the opportunity.

Unless Brady pulls a Tiki, Cassel will not be starting, but I do not see the Pats giving up on him

Frisches13283 said:
-No offense, but unless an overwhelming lack of success happens(and I'm talking consecutive 3 win seasons), or a life(by that I mean career) threatening injury, Brady will not retire in two years.

-Physically, there are tons of QBs above Brady. That doesn't mean they are smarter, or fit into the system as well.

-We also know how Bellichek is with draft picks too, so if Cassel was even close to as good as Brady, he would ship him off for a #1 pick before getting rid of someone as sure as Brady.

-Your third point is pure speculation, and there is no way to absolutely prove or disprove that until he gets the opportunity.

Everything I said is speculation other than the physical attributes. I'm making a prediction based on reading Belichik, Brady and Cassell. The only thing that's certain is that Cassell's contract is up in two years and at that point Belichik will have to choose between Brady and Cassell because there is zero chance that Cassell stays as a backup. 99% of people will tell you its Brady, I'm simply that 1% that feel that Belichik will go Cassell and unload the veterans contract. It probably will be done by asking Brady to renegotiate his contract and I dont think Brady will want to do that anymore, especially after this year where he took one for the team and then Belichik unloaded Branch. Brady must've been why am I helping the team when the teaqm doesnt help me? I think that's the point where Brady will consider retiring. The only way I see Brady still playing into his mid thirties is if the Pats have a shot at the SuperBowl for all those years. Should they go into rebuilding mode he'll quit. He's achieved everything he wanted. What's left?

No we dont need any more draft mistakes. Its bad enough we gave 2 first round picks to NO.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
A: why would they trade him to a division rival

B: why would they trade him, what if Brady goes down

NEVER HAPPEN

that's why he wont be traded here. Unless Belichik wants to throw his mentor a favor

adamprez2003 said:
Everything I said is speculation other than the physical attributes. I'm making a prediction based on reading Belichik, Brady and Cassell. The only thing that's certain is that Cassell's contract is up in two years and at that point Belichik will have to choose between Brady and Cassell because there is zero chance that Cassell stays as a backup. 99% of people will tell you its Brady, I'm simply that 1% that feel that Belichik will go Cassell and unload the veterans contract. It probably will be done by asking Brady to renegotiate his contract and I dont think Brady will want to do that anymore, especially after this year where he took one for the team and then Belichik unloaded Branch. Brady must've been why am I helping the team when the teaqm doesnt help me? I think that's the point where Brady will consider retiring. The only way I see Brady still playing into his mid thirties is if the Pats have a shot at the SuperBowl for all those years. Should they go into rebuilding mode he'll quit. He's achieved everything he wanted. What's left?

Well, all I can argue with there, is that it would be less than 1% who would agree with you. But to each his own.

Culpepper is going to start next year, we don't need another Qb.

do you guys know what they in the VIP rooms call the rest of us? ... that's right... "the zoo"

threads like these are why...

PressCoverage said:
do you guys know what they in the VIP rooms call the rest of us? ... that's right... "the zoo"

Hell, I call it the zoo too. I try and only make logical posts(when I post about football), I just haven't joined VIP yet. ($ thing). But yes, it is a ****ing zoo.

unifiedtheory said:
Cassell will be starting over Brady?

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Love the responses. How long do you think Brady is gonna keep playing? Are you laughing because you dont think Belichik would look to upgrade the QB position at a cheaper price or is it you think Brady is untouchable because of his three rings or do you think Cassell will never start in the league? You do realize this is looking three years out to the 2009 season?

Those are pretty much the only three options you can have as to your response so Id be interested to hear your most informed response as to why Tom "Hallowed Be Thy Name" Brady cant be replaced by Matt "Running Free" Cassell.

PressCoverage said:

What's the objection. There's a good chance that Cassell will be on the block in one or two years. There's no way he remains a backup when his contract is up in 2008. I dont think the trade is possible cause its within the division but it shows good awareness on the posters part of what QBs to look for down the road. Do you really feel a 3rd rd for Cassell requires that sort of derisive response. The market now for him would be a 4th. If he continues to impress dont you think that in two years that will drop to a 3rd?

Frisches13283 said:

If in three years time the Patriots are in rebuilding mode and arent looking at the playoffs in the forseeable future why would Brady continue taking the pounding. For what possible reason. He wont need the money. He wont be chasing any record books. Losing seasons would only diminish his accomplishments. In three years time he'll be 32. If he's looking at a rebuilding project that will take 2 or 3 years I say he bolts. There would be no sane reason to stay at that point

Back
Top Bottom