3rd Most Desirable Team For Free Agents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Most Desirable Team For Free Agents

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Antonio Brown’s rebuff of the Bills got us thinking: If money was equal, where do NFL players want to play? And where don’t players want to go?

For answers, I turned to 15 NFL agents whom I know and respect and asked the following: “If you polled your clients about the most and least desirable teams to play for, which teams do you think would end up in the Top 5 and which would be in the Bottom 5?”

---------

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/12/b...las-atlanta-buffalo-cleveland-detroit-oakland

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. They want to come here to party, not to play football.
That, I'm sure, plays a part for some.

When you're talking about that kind of jack, I wouldn't undervalue the fact that, unlike most places, there is no state income tax.

Sunshine in January doesn't hut either.

Sunshine in January doesn't hut either.

You're talking about living and working in a place where you can spend Christmas day on the beach. Weather has to be a huge selling point.

It's nice to read that we are top 3 for whatever reason.

I think this is true as long as we pay for it. As screwed up as as organization has been and essentially being losers for the last decade plus I think this is true as long as we foot the bill. I don't see players come in here on the cheap because it's sunny Florida.

At least before this year all the players wanted to come here cause they knew they'd get big bucks from tbaum. He's gone now so I'm hoping for no more big pay days for players that don't produce enough to match what they're getting.

If that report is accurate and he actually polled agents in the know, it's interesting. No surprise with Buffalo. Big surprise Miami is so high even with the nightlife. Can only imagine the draw it would be once the team becomes a contender again.

Is Tannehill that bad that no team is even kicking the tires for him? Are they just waiting for the probable cut? I find this a bit surprising to be honest.

Is Tannehill that bad that no team is even kicking the tires for him? Are they just waiting for the probable cut? I find this a bit surprising to be honest.
I think it has more to do with his contract. If/when he is cut, he will find employment. It will be at 25% of what he is due to make here though.

The 5 most desirable teams, we are the only one who isn't "successful". Hopefully, that changes within the next 2-3 years, and we can land a few IMPACT FA's.

I wish we could drill down into the "typical player". From my personal dealings with former players their are three.

1. Marginally player - will play for anybody with a roster spot.
2. Pay me player - wants to play as long possible to bank money and qualify for NFLPA pension.
3. Used up player - signs for a chance to win a ring has enough money and qualify for NFLPA pension.

I'll bet 1 and 2 prefer Steve Ross checkbook while 3 sign elsewhere.

I wish we could drill down into the "typical player". From my personal dealings with former players their are three.

1. Marginally player - will play for anybody with a roster spot.
2. Pay me player - wants to play as long possible to bank money and qualify for NFLPA pension.
3. Used up player - signs for a chance to win a ring has enough money and qualify for NFLPA pension.

I'll bet 1 and 2 prefer Steve Ross checkbook while 3 sign elsewhere.
Out of the Pro Bowlers and All Pros on a 53 man roster (How many of those are on a team?), the lion's share of players fall into one of those 3 categories.

Back
Top Bottom