3ypc-(week 5-bengals Preview) Episode 1.32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(week 5-bengals Preview) Episode 1.32

There's a lot of meat when we get into the Bengals preview during the second half of the show.

This is going to be a really interesting matchup.

I listened late last night and agreed with the general consensus toward the finish: These teams are more comparable in roster level and ability than current conventional wisdom allows. With the Dolphins coming off a loss that parity has even greater potential to show up.

And that is the essence of the Crowd vs. Crowd theory and taking +4 or higher every time with the road team when available. Who the heck cares that the home favorite has recently been scoring gobs of points? It's a Crowd team. Who cares that the road team was inept last weak and has had some high profile struggles on the road? It's a Crowd team. Who cares how the matchups look? It is Crowd vs. Crowd.

Give those matchups a look and it's amazing how frequently there is absolutely parity on the field, or even advantage road team, when flimsy irrelevant recency made it appear the home team was on a higher plateau, more like a college game.

Chris made an excellent point that the Bengal defense is similar to our own -- overly base -- and therefore Tannehill is going to be picking on linebackers and easy to decipher coverages as opposed to all the 6 and 7 defensive back packages that New England deployed.

Awsi this one is for you.

There have only been 6 games in the last decade where two winning teams (minimum 3 games) have faced one another with one coming off a close win (FG or less) and the other coming off a blowout loss (3 TDs or more). The team coming off the blowout loss WON ALL SIX.

It's a useless factoid, as the sample size is laughable. But it makes for a fun tweet. :)

The two more relevant ones, on much larger sample sizes, are:

1. Winning teams (minimum 3 games) coming off a win and playing at home win 68% (n = 446).
2. When two winning teams face one another, the home team wins 60% (n = 443).

PS. Those are 100% mine. I didn't get them from any website. I just have a lot of data at my disposal, and I'm a nerd that way.

Happy to hear Simon pulled the mic out of his mouth for this episode. :lol:

Encouraging talk regarding Wesley Johnson. I’m really hoping for a Tannehill bounce back and improved line play. These 40-play games we’ve been running will lead nowhere fast.

Encouraging news about the way they play their D and their O line...

298420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom