4/17 Mock drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4/17 Mock drafts

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
Here are the last 12 Mock Drafts listed as Mock Draft Database, I thought it might be worth a look to see if any sort of consensus is developing.

1) a. Pitts, b. Parsons
2) Pitts, Rousseau
3) Pitts, Paye
4) Chase, Paye
5) Chase, Harris
6) Pitts, Jenkins
7) Sewell, Phillips
8) Sewell, Phillips
9) Pitts, Bateman
10)Pitts, Phillips
11) Pitts, Koramoah
12) Chase, Phillips

I don't know about y'all, but that looks like a huge consensus to me. 10 out of 12 of them say a receiver first and all 12 say offense. And in the 1b spot, 9 out of the 12 think it's going to be a pass-rusher.

Sure, some of these mocks are from less connected writers, but it sure looks like the idea of receiver first, and pass rusher second has taken hold.

I buy that. If Miami does that, I hope they trade down from 18. I really don't love the value and risk on most of those edge guys at18.

I think pass rusher is a need but i don't love Rousseau, Phillips, or Paye(any or all of them might be great but I have doubts about all 3) for different reasons and i don't like Ojulari at #18.

I am all for a trade down as i#18 is a little too rich for the guys I like for Miami. Collins, Ojulari and Jenkins should all go in the mid 20's I think.

I would love Darrisaw at #18 but he might not make it there and I am not sure Miami is looking OT early.I like Vera-Tucker there too but I think he ends up at G and Miami is not taking a G in R1.

There is always the chance there is a surprise slider who slips to #18 with Parsons and Slater being guys i would go for but likely will not be there.

Moehrig is good value there but I don't see Miami going S that high either, especially with a good group at that position available later.

Barmore is similar to Meohrig in that he would be value but are they looking DT in R1?

I like a trade down as the best option and CB should be a value there that could invite teams to trade up to that spot.

Best case scenario for me is Darrisaw is there at #18 and we can move Hunt to RG but I don't know if the Fins feel the same way about Hunt that I do.

If we came out of Round 1 with Chase and Collins I would be happy with that and if they feel they have to grab Collins at #18 I would not complain.I would prefer a slight move down but that is no deal breaker.

Most seem to want to go offense at #18 but the value on the board is going to be defensive players, at least that is what it is looking like to me.

It is too bad we are not in the market for CB because there might be more than one good one there.

Last edited:
I have a lot of guys I’d consider at #18, so a move down is a good move.

Curious no DSmith or Waddle.
Zaven Collins seems to be a perfect fit, no mention of him.
And I may be misinformed, but don't the Dolphins JACK/EDGE guys serve a different function than traditional upfield speedy bendy OLB's?
That a Payton Turner type is a better fit than Paye or Rousseau?

Curious no DSmith or Waddle.
Zaven Collins seems to be a perfect fit, no mention of him.
And I may be misinformed, but don't the Dolphins JACK/EDGE guys serve a different function than traditional upfield speedy bendy OLB's?
That a Payton Turner type is a better fit than Paye or Rousseau?
Paye and Rousseau are actually perfect for the scheme that Miami runs.

They are bigger bodies who set the edge on 1st and second downs, then move inside in passing sets, so we can bring in a lighter pass rusher and send our Big DTs off the field.

These two ARE the proper fit.

They are bigger bodies who set the edge on 1st and second downs, then move inside in passing sets, so we can bring in a lighter pass rusher and send our Big DTs off the field.

Do you think Rousseau could drop to 36?

Thank you!!

So If Miami would take either Paye or Rousseau at 18, you'd be thumbs up on that move?
Not who you are quoting but I would love paye at 18, he offers more athletic upside than GR with underrated production (looking at pressure stats and not just raw stats)

Can't see us drafting Phillips at 18. Too many amazing players will be there. So why risk his concussion history if you don't have to?

Back
Top Bottom