4 Cb....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 Cb.......

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Dolphins | Herndon Cancels - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:47 PT: The Palm Beach Post's Todd Archer reports free agent OT Jimmy Herndon (Bears) canceled a scheduled visit with the Miami Dolphins. Word is he is about to sign with the Texans.

Dolphins | Vinson Note - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
8:45 PT: The Palm Beach Post's Todd Archer reports free agent CB Fred Vinson (Seattle) worked out for the Miami Dolphins on Monday. He could compete for the fourth cornerback spot behind Jamar Fletcher if he signs.

.......Any thoughts on Vinson?

He was injured all of last year. 2nd round pick by Green Bay just 3 years ago. Traded to Seattle for Ahman Green. Was highly regarded out of Vanderbilt. If you are a draftnik at all you should remember him, Green Bay picked 3 corners in a row.

I remember that JJ was very high on him a couple years ago. He ended up going higher that JJ expected.

Holmgren thought enough of him that he traded Aman Green for him??

If I remember correctly he was a speed guy who had excellent press skills. I would expect that the injuries may have robbed him of some of that speed.

He's probably nothing more than training camp fodder...

You have to remember tho, that when the deal was made, both players were underacheiving 2nd rounders. Green couldnt get on the field ahead of Watters, and when he did, he always fumbled. A big no-no for Holmgren.

Vinson was injured and lost in the shuffle with all Green Bay's DBs so he thought a change of scenery would be good.

The trade was strait up, 1 for 1...looks foolish now, but not many people paid attention to it when it was made. Hindsight is 20-20!

I think Alexander will be the same as Green if not better this season. Alexander is amazing and probably will go to the Pro Bowl.

Vinson

Bring him in for the minimum, does anybody realize that Miami only has four cornerbacks on the roster...

Madison,
Surtain,
Fletcher...
and Zebbie freakin Lethridge.
Umm...a little depth here in case of an injury would be nice.

It's too bad that none of our many safties on the roster have the athleticism to play the dime CB spot.
That would help.
Can you say bring in T- Buck.
Hey, he's already won his ring, he would most likely take the vet minimum.
Plus, he is still on very good terms with the fins.

I think Arturo Freeman could play the dime spot. He's got the speed and played CB for three years in college. And if I remember correctly, he was manning that spot down the stretch. Trent Gamble was getting time there too and looking pretty good until he got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom