4 FA running backs the Dolphins could look at | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 FA running backs the Dolphins could look at

I don’t understand the infatuation with Duke. I get that he had a couple nice games but let’s not act like he hasn’t been in league 7 years with little production. I mean his career high in rushing yards for a season is 410

Bring back Lindsey and Duke. Then draft Algeier from BYU In round 5-6.

Pick up Mosert in FA. Keep Ahmed. Draft Breece Hall and James Cook.

Boom. RB room problem solved.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment... 49ers drafted exactly 2 RBs in 5 drafts under Shanahan, no one higher than the 3rd... And the most productive one of the bunch was the 6th round speedster... For comparison sake, they've drafted 7 WRs in that time span, 4 of them in the first 3 rounds... Now that doesnt mean thats what McDaniel is going to do, but experience/history is pretty much all we got at this point, and it doesnt look good if you're a fan of early RBs in the draft...
we drafted Miller, Ajayia, Drake all who played pretty well for us

If the offensive line can open holes, any of our backs can be productive.
Duke is the only one that has play making ability and vision at the second level to break runs.

I don’t mind Lindsay and Duke in the mix but I don’t want free agent RBs. They are dog **** after their first contract. I really hate free agents in football, hardly works out. In our case though we have to take chances in FA because we have money to spend and we have holes, but I still hate it.

Back to the RBs, you draft them. You draft them every three years and run them into the ground until they have nothing left. You churn them and burn them. They rarely are worth anything after their first contract. Definitely don’t wanna spend on someone else’s retread at the position
I agree we need to draft a RB this year. We don't know what Doaks can do from last draft because he was inactive and a poor offensive line. I like both Lindsay and Duke as they bring game to the table but probably lean to Lindsay if we had to choose one (loved hearing the Duke chants at the game though!!!!).

I don’t understand the infatuation with Duke. I get that he had a couple nice games but let’s not act like he hasn’t been in league 7 years with little production. I mean his career high in rushing yards for a season is 410

Happens every year.

Its what fans do at the end of the season. Ours do it more than most. A lot of sentiment and emotional attachment to average.

Back
Top Bottom